SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7759769D-E194-4853-ACC2-17202CCA0EC8.png

6 months of searching I finally scored one. $280 shipped. Hoping for a smooth transaction.

View attachment 613667
6 months of searching I finally scored one. $280 shipped. Hoping for a smooth transaction.
Congrats but I hope you know that what’s pictured isn’t the Exclusive version even though that’s what the listing’s title says.
The exclusive version comes with another visor that has the sizzling effect and it would be in the top right corner of the top tray

Congrats but I hope you know that what’s pictured isn’t the Exclusive version even though that’s what the listing’s title says.
The exclusive version comes with another visor that has the sizzling effect and it would be in the top right corner of the top tray
Thanks for pointing that out, seller also posted as new. Might be a used/displayed figure too

Kinda hard to believe it's "unopened/new" when the picture shows the figure's box opened up. :dunno

It reminds me when I sold an old Slave I Action Fleet on eBay, the picture was of the loose item that I took myself, but because I was listing a bunch of items from a template, I forgot to change the condition to 'used' ... well, someone bought it, then opened a case against me because it was listed as 'new', despite the pictures clearly showing it was opened/used.

Kinda hard to believe it's "unopened/new" when the picture shows the figure's box opened up. :dunno

It reminds me when I sold an old Slave I Action Fleet on eBay, the picture was of the loose item that I took myself, but because I was listing a bunch of items from a template, I forgot to change the condition to 'used' ... well, someone bought it, then opened a case against me because it was listed as 'new', despite the pictures clearly showing it was opened/used.
No problem. Also, if it was new, it would have plastic wraps on the head, arms and boots; so, I'm pretty sure it's been opened and displayed
Yeah I understand opened box/New to take picture of the figure in the box. I purchased new figures that was opened only to inspect. I’ll see how’s the condition when it arrives.

Yeah I understand opened box/New to take picture of the figure in the box. I purchased new figures that was opened only to inspect. I’ll see how’s the condition when it arrives.
Cool as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. it's just one of my pet peeves when buying something on eBay. When a seller lists something as "new, only opened to inspect" yet all the plastic wraps have been removed from the figure and stand, instructions just floating in the box as well as that plastic neck guard thing completely gone, makes me not want to buy said item b/c it's obvious that it wasn't just opened to inspect. No reason to remove all that stuff if you were just making sure nothing was broken and/or missing.

Cool as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters. it's just one of my pet peeves when buying something on eBay. When a seller lists something as "new, only opened to inspect" yet all the plastic wraps have been removed from the figure and stand, instructions just floating in the box as well as that plastic neck guard thing completely gone, makes me not want to buy said item b/c it's obvious that it wasn't just opened to inspect. No reason to remove all that stuff if you were just making sure nothing was broken and/or missing.
Yeah I agree with you. And sellers should be responsible in the description. I purchased figures that was opened to take pictures and not displayed but they listed it as used because it was opened. And that is fair description.

I’ve had the SSC Gambit on eBay for ages and I went through the dilemma of either photographing the shipper box to list as indisputably new or break the seal to give a look at the figure through the plastic shell and risk this what’s being discussed here.

Turns out it’s a non-issue because absolutely no one wants that figure. SooSoo made it obsolete the second they announced their version but I’d already paid off my PO by then so got lumbered with it. Would have been better off to take the 10% cancellation fee.

Shame the Sideshow line has stalled though. It had potential. They could probably do a really great Storm, Rogue and Jean even though everything they make is overpriced af.

I’ve had the SSC Gambit on eBay for ages and I went through the dilemma of either photographing the shipper box to list as indisputably new or break the seal to give a look at the figure through the plastic shell and risk this what’s being discussed here.

Turns out it’s a non-issue because absolutely no one wants that figure. SooSoo made it obsolete the second they announced their version but I’d already paid off my PO by then so got lumbered with it. Would have been better off to take the 10% cancellation fee.

Shame the Sideshow line has stalled though. It had potential. They could probably do a really great Storm, Rogue and Jean even though everything they make is overpriced af.
I said on here months ago that Sideshow was done with 1/6 superheroes but someone thought I was being hasty considering SD Comic-Con hadn't occurred yet. How ya like me now.

They ain't selling (SS asks for too much to start with), 3rd Parties do better (with no license for crying out loud), no variety of characters. Yep, stick with movie characters, SS.

Back