SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the hood can be put up and over the head?? If not, that's a pretty funny drop of the ball considering that's how he actually appeared when he was running. Looks like it might, though. But they didn't take any pictures that way for some reason.

SSC may have been backed into that corner by Aaron McBride. Looking at the BSP again it appears that in the comic he was drawn with the hood on in a way that seemingly ignored his giant horns. Maybe SSC could have had the second head be one with much smaller horns so the hood would fit, unless that would be taboo for calling attention to the inconsistency of the comic.

It does hold some water despite what you and a few others want to say. A collector that wants the "main guys" might also be a fan of niche type pieces. Are these types of things supposed to never be made until every last main character has been made? :lol Thats not gonna work at all. A nice blend in a line of main guys, mid guys, lower tier, and stuff outside that is what works best. People's attention spans or willingness to accept something that isn't in their niche is always an issue. Its part of the culture today IMO. We have to have it now and our way or it sucks, fail, pass, etc.

Josh, I never said "not" to release these type of pieces. But they should not dominate a line. The last several PF announcements have been "lower tier" and "stuff outside", as you put it.

As for people's attention spans and the culture of today, that's irrelevant. These are not free gifts but expensive items and if someone wants a collection to contain certain characters, be they "main guys", what is wrong with stating that fact, especially in a forum dedicated to those collectibles??

Personally, I would love an R2, 3P0, Chewie, some Jawas and a new rendition of Vader before getting Cyborg Darth Maul. But I guess that just makes me a victim of today's social climate... :dunno

Josh, I never said "not" to release these type of pieces. But they should not dominate a line. The last several PF announcements have been "lower tier" and "stuff outside", as you put it.

As for people's attention spans and the culture of today, that's irrelevant. These are not free gifts but expensive items and if someone wants a collection to contain certain characters, be they "main guys", what is wrong with stating that fact, especially in a forum dedicated to those collectibles??

Personally, I would love an R2, 3P0, Chewie, some Jawas and a new rendition of Vader before getting Cyborg Darth Maul. But I guess that just makes me a victim of today's social climate... :dunno

EU/Infinities PFs now out-number TESB PFs 4 to 1. :monkey4 :monkey4 :cuckoo:

But, hey, it's all about "balance", right? :thud:

I don't know of any rules which state which products can or cannot dominate a line. But I understand your frustration.

Personally, I think SS knows that an R2, 3PO, Chewie, and another Vader are going to generate significant revenues. It's almost a given that the aforementioned products are going to be successful. But if SS really wants to increase revenues and profits, then they need to hope they strike pay dirt with some of these "lower tier" projects. If these projects are successful, that's just extra gravy for SS.

More importantly, SS knows that some diehard collectors hate the idea of Cyborg Maul...but they also know you will stick around until R2, C3PO, and Chewie are released.

I guess reading this it comes across like they should only do movie based pieces because everything else isn't good enough. The last few pieces have been odds and ends but I don't think they've dominated this line.

No, its quite relevant. How many times on forums do we see people people saying they want to see "x" so we get several of that but midstream people say enough of that I now want "Y"? All the freaking time. Attention spans for what people want aren't very long so you have to strike while the iron is hot. As far as the culture again its totally relevant. Lots of people here will trash something out of the gate if it isn't to their personal specs. It has to be their way or its not good enough.

Never, said there was a thing wrong with someone talking about how they want main guys. So thats just not correctly stating what I said.

I didn't say that about you but if you feel its true thats your call. :dunno

People complain when they do too many key characters, people complain when they do non-essential/non-key characters... nobody can ever be pleased. Such is the plague of a collectors life. :lol

I do love all the whining though.

Some of you guys are being way too hard on this piece. Visionaries came out exactly five years ago, and if there's one thing that SSC never fails at its celebrating important anniversaries of their product's source material. :lecture :duh

Here's the silver lining for me -

The PF as a whole has been getting significantly better as time goes on (with a few Rambo and Morgul Lord bumps in the road); and while I would have loved the relatively complicated droids (not to mention Chewbacca) to have been released by now, I do take consolation in a different SS that will be doing them than that which did Han Solo, etc.

:hi5:

So if they can nail this PF - which by all accounts they did - than the rest should look amazing.

In all seriousness I don't mind them doing these one-off concept characters. I'd love to have PF's of a number of ESB concepts, particularly Fett and alternate Snowtroopers.

EU/Infinities PFs now out-number TESB PFs 4 to 1. :monkey4 :monkey4 :cuckoo:

But, hey, it's all about "balance", right? :thud:

riiiiiiiiiight,,,and Oriiginal Trilogy pfs out number PT,,,,EU,,,,and infinities pf's 2 to 1,,,,balance indeed!!!!

People complain when they do too many key characters, people complain when they do non-essential/non-key characters... nobody can ever be pleased. Such is the plague of a collectors life. :lol

I do love all the whining though.

lolll!!! it must be a guy thing because for me there is nothing less attractive than a man who whines!!!!:lol

I actually really like this. Sure its a little bit of a dumb idea, but its still kind of cool to imagine 'what if' Maul and survived. I'm not buying at the current asking price, but I certainly wouldn't turn down a 1:6 version. Heck, I'm probably going to stand in Hasbro's hell of a line at SDCC anyway, so I'll be picking up the comic 2 pack of this Maul.

I always hoped for cloning, it'd be a way to bring him back just like before.

Maybe someone whose read the story would understand, I get the cyborg legs, but I don't get the weird, enlarged horns, that's actually the only detail I really don't like, but they really bother me.

Back