SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe someone whose read the story would understand, I get the cyborg legs, but I don't get the weird, enlarged horns, that's actually the only detail I really don't like, but they really bother me.

I read the story, but don't remember any kind of explanation on the horns.

I feel the same way you do, it's only thing I really don't like about this design.. Awesome looking statue otherwise though!

nail_clippers11.jpg

But it's like this with Hasbro, GG, etc. Everyone is paying alot of attention to the EU and CW stuff moreso than the OT. Hasbro has all but said they no longer consider the "collectors" to be as important as the kids now into CW. As for SSC, hot, young female Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters appeal to the fanboy base - they're running the same program with their Marvel stuff. And what's sad, is even the original OT hottie Slave Leia PF gets less attention than the Darth Talon PF. At that point I can see why SSC would want to pursue more of these style figures than OT stuff that will never make some OT purists happy. Plus, they have to cover new ground - certain OT designs/characters have been done too many times already.

But it's like this with Hasbro, GG, etc. Everyone is paying alot of attention to the EU and CW stuff moreso than the OT. Hasbro has all but said they no longer consider the "collectors" to be as important as the kids now into CW.

Totally apples and oranges. Hasbro mass produces cheap(er) toys in the millions. They still produce lots of OT stuff. Sideshow caters directly to the hardcore, high-end collector... which is obviously a much more finite market. Therefore, their room for error is much smaller as well.

Darth Maul was a throw away character and is all about design and nothing else. There are far too many other characters that need/deserve the love than Robo-Reindeer Maul. This is pandering to the SW fans, like a big titty-tatooed-Twi' Lek. But it isn't SSC's fault, it's the fans who eat this ____ up. Speak with your dollars my fellow SW fans. Say no to tits & tats. :lol

Totally apples and oranges. Hasbro mass produces cheap(er) toys in the millions. They still produce lots of OT stuff. Sideshow caters directly to the hardcore, high-end collector... which is obviously a much more finite market. Therefore, their room for error is much smaller as well.

Yea, but if the cheaper producers who can make tons of $$$ off of their Star Wars license are doing it, then one can expect that SSC will follow suit. Plus, Lucas has all the say in it anyway and, to be honest, I think even he is trying to shift the attention to the EU and CW to help continue his legacy. I mean, the OT is slowing down - you can see it in the price of vintage SW figures and collectibles. People are getting older and getting out. To stay sustainable, Lucas would want to push the newer, fresher concepts.

There's going to be a point when the kiddies are going to go "Harrison Ford, who? All I care about is the orange girl Jedi cartoon lady."

Darth Maul was a throw away character and is all about design and nothing else. There are far too many other characters that need/deserve the love than Robo-Reindeer Maul. This is pandering to the SW fans, like a big titty-tatooed-Twi' Lek. But it isn't SSC's fault, it's the fans who eat this ____ up. Speak with your dollars my fellow SW fans. Say no to tits & tats. :lol

So 99% of all the prequel trilogy characters?

So 99% of all the prequel trilogy characters?

Touche' my fellow Starkiller. :hi5:

Raindrops on roses. Whiskers on kittens. Two of Maria's favorite things in "Sound of Music".

Tits. Tats. Two of Swabie's favorite things.

I will not say no! :nana:

Look I don't mind tits or tats :) but not at the expense of other MAJOR Star Wars characters being released.

i almost fell off my chair.:rotfl

Ew. :monkey4

If Luke and Vader replace their hands with prosthetics that look like hands, why would Maul choose over-the-top evil chicken legs?

Cause. That's why. :rotfl

Why don't they just clone him some legs? Why don't they just clone Grievous a new body? Vader too? Makes no sense. :slap

Why don't they just clone him some legs? Why don't they just clone Grievous a new body? Vader too? Makes no sense. :slap

Well, scientifcally a clone is a new, discrete individual; it just shares the genetic code of another individual.

Outside of EU titles like Dark Empire was there ever any implication that you could transfer personality to a whole new body?

Well, scientifcally a clone is a new, discrete individual; it just shares the genetic code of another individual.

Outside of EU titles like Dark Empire was there ever any implication that you could transfer personality to a whole new body?

I'm talking about grafting limbs or transplanting Grievous' brain into a cloned body. I mean they have the technology. We can rebuild him.

In Dark Empire there was the Palpatine cloned Emperor.

Back