SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take your Pepsi challenge...

4-LOM
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Piett
AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver
Barada
Battle Droid
Bib Fortuna
Biggs Darklighter
Boba Fett (ESB)
Boba Fett Holiday Special
Bossk
Boushh
C-3PO
C-3PO (ESB missing leg)
Chewbacca
Chewbacca (ROTJ in chains)
Clonetrooper (AOTC)
Clonetrooper (ROTS)
Commander Bacara
Commander Bly
Commander Cody (ROTS)
Commander Cody (Phase I)
Commander Gree
Commander Neyo
Darth Revan
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader (ESB)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTS)
Dengar (Yeah that's right!)
Dexster Jettster
Droideka
Emperor Palpatine (EPIII)
Episode I Anakin w/ podracer gear
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
General Kenobi (phase I armor)
General Skywalker (CW)
General Veers
George Lucas
Greedo
Hammerhead
Han Solo Bespin
Han Solo Hoth
Han Solo in Carbonite
Han Solo Trenchcoat
Han Stormtrooper
Imperial Gunner
Jango Fett
Jawa
Kit Fisto
Lando Calrissian
Lando General
Luke Bespin
Luke Ceremony
Luke Hoth
Luke Stormtrooper
Luke X-Wing
Mace Windu
Madolorian guy from the CW
Moff Tarkin
Mon Mothma (ROTJ)
Nikto
Nien Nunb
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan (EPI)
Obi-Wan (Episode II)
Obi-Wan (Episode III)
Ponda Baba
Princess Leia Bespin
Princess Leia Hoth
Prune Face
Queen Amidala (Episode I)
Qui-Gon Jinn
R2-D2
R2-D2 (ROTJ w/ tray)
Rebel Commando
Rebel Commando (ESB)
Rebel Trooper
Republic Commandos
ROTJ Emperor
Royal Guard
Rune Haako
Saesee Tinn (CW armor)
Skiff Guard Lando
Snowtrooper
Squid-Head
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper (ROTJ)
TIE Pilot
TIE Pilot (JEDI)
Ugnaught
Wampa
Wedge Antilles
Wicket
Yak Face
Yoda (EPII&III)
Yoda (ESB)
Zuckuss

Well done :clap Alphabetical and you did it w/o including Jar Jar :lol

They do a good job of selling him in that video. Its a very impressive piece... part of me wants to like it and own it. But its just such a silly idea :lol

And obviously Sideshow knows best as the exclusive has sold out.

I wanna see the Edition Size as well as how many people actually hold on to their orders come shipping time.

i am tipping my hat to SST for continuing to push the envelope! excellent work.

Oh and I officially have the coolest wife of anyone on these boards. She looked at the pics of Cyber-Maul and said, "It kind of looks like he has prawn legs." :rock

Maul is one of the most popular characters in the SW Universe. It should sell pretty well. Don't think its a headscratcher at all in that regard.

So is Boba Fett and we don't see the Holiday Special PF showing up or Vader for that matter and we aren't seeing a Battle Damaged Vader from The Force Unleashed or even the McQuarrie Design (which woudl actually make sense). The headscratcher is that its such a niche design, such an isolated part of Star Wars, a mini-series that was a "What If" to choose from when there is still so much to be done from the actual movie, proper EU, video games, etc. I would be less surprised to get things from "Shadow of the Empire" which even LFL pushed hard then this...its like them making the Jedi Leia or as posted above the all White Jedi Reborn Vader.

Maul is a popular character but doesn't draw the fanboys like Fett or Vader and they aren't being cherry picked from every design possible to print money. Someone over at Sideshow liked this design and thought it'd sell well but from a Star Wars standpoint it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Like I said before, the piece itself looks impressive, the backstage pass does a good job selling it but that doesn't make it any more clear in terms of selection in a PF lineup.

They do a good job of selling him in that video. Its a very impressive piece... part of me wants to like it and own it. But its just such a silly idea :lol

And obviously Sideshow knows best as the exclusive has sold out.

Totally! Great sales tactics...

This piece is so over-the-top silly/crazy/insane that it's genius! :cuckoo: :hi5:

I wanna see the Edition Size as well as how many people actually hold on to their orders come shipping time.

Can't imagine its too low (compared to the regular) as the 2nd head is a pretty involved exclusive.

I'm sure like all of these there will be a number of cancellations, but still for something this obscure and expensive I'm surprised to see a same day sell-out. Especially since they now use the TBD for pre-orders.

Looking at the exclusive I actually prefer the cloaked standard....the angry screaming doesn't exactly look right to me for some reason.

i dont get why people gte upset when a character is made. im sure sideshow is well aware that collectors want the main characters. im also sure that they are spreading them out to keep the line alive for as long as possible. we know that c3po and emperor on throne are coming soon. last i heard they were still trying to figure out the bst way to do chewbacca and are working on stormtrooper and clone trooper.

so the big characters are coming but if they released them all right away many collectors would stop after that

i for one think this piece looks great. but i have the original darth maul piece and i dont think i need two. but i think he looks amazing and if i had any sort of attachment to this version of the character i would pick it up in a heartbeat. for now i ordered it but will most likely cancel. ill give it plenty of thought first though. i personally like the EU characters and lesser known characters as well. after the grevious pf dart talon is looking to be my next favorite star wars pf and i cant wait for auura sing as well. hopefully we will get a cad bane as well

I'm imagining that a few will jump on the Waitlist with thoughts of a low ES which makes the piece more desirable. I still think that when it ships you'll see the exclusive back on second chance without fail. I'm hesitant of EU pieces, I have the Asajj PF and while its nice it was one of those things I bought and later regretted especially considering I could have put the funds towards a Sand People PF which I passed on due to funds.

I'd like to be the first to point out that Sideshow has delivered this PF before the likes of Chewbacca, R2, 3P0, Stormtrooper, etc.

:lecture

They probably had an unused half a darth maul bust/sculpt and a robot chicken legs sculpt and decided to combine it. Now you can add 'I'll be back!' in Arnie's voice to the end of TPM while he's falling....

Can't wait for Cyborg Yoda with mechano cane!

what really sucks is that we will not see another proper maul in this format to compliment the first one.

:goodpost:

They make this bizarre, expensive figure, but we only have 2 ESB 1:6 figures to date and no ESB PF?

Sadly fanboys with more money than taste seem to be driving Sideshow's format/character selection in general.

Isn't Dagobah Luke ESB PF?

I'm on the wait list... I had all day to get it on the pre-order, but being close to $400 and a character that looks cool, but I have no real attachments to kinda kept me away...

I'll leave it up to fate. If I get one through the wait list, it was meant to be.

Back