SSC Cobra Officer Figure!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the Officer's face looked different from the trooper. But it is hard to tell without a proper side by side of the heads. The teaser wallpaper is the best source for that. The officer seems to have his left eyebrow slightly raised while the trooper doesn't. That seems to be the most obvious difference to me.

I bet the helmets will be a decent price, but the rifles might be a bit more in the $15 range or so. But most of TA's prices are quite decent.

I have to admit I don't plan on using this as an Officer but I'm cool with the release regardless. Looks great, different gear is a cool touch. Despite my love for the comic I think I'll be sticking with the black gear Troopers as I just prefer that look more. Still, I can't wait to see the "army" pics start popping up!!! :rock

4th Qtr 2010? OK this has to be a typo. If it's for real then that sucks for us GI JOE fans because I want this figure in my collection ASAP.

As bad as I want one, I don't see $100 in the product. I'll just snag one off of eBay for $50 shipped in a year or two.

I'm not taking chances with this one. Ordered one this morning. Figures like Antilles & Carbonite Han I passed on, and can already see better deals out there.

Sideshow site corrected the release date to 4th Quarter 2009. That's more like it.

And though I'd like more character announcements in this line than there have been, out of fairness, this is six figures that have been/are slated to be delivered in 2009, even though two are rehashes. Still that ain't bad.

Last edited:
I like the pace SSC is releasing these figures. If they release them faster, than I would not be able to collected them. I can afford $150 every three months, but if it were every month I would have to stop collecting the Joe line.

I don't have any interest a comic colored variant at this price point

You're in luck!

5e02_1.JPG

:D

Once the line starts going, would anyone else be interested in weapon packs like the old Hasbro figures? I know I would.

Sorry, a little off topic, but the reason I bring it up is because I prefer the back and blue color scheme of the Trooper over the red and blue of the officer. Something about the khaki web gear seems off to me, though. But I like the silencer attachment for the Officers AK74 as well as the bullet detail on the clip.

Last edited:
Once the line starts going, would anyone else be interested in weapon packs like the old Hasbro figures? I know I would.

I definitely would. SSC does some of the best 1/6 weaponry on the market. Obviously you've got places like Toy Anxiety and Red Planet that part things out, but I still think it would be cool for SSC to just offer weapons and maybe even backpacks and such.

Back