SSC Cobra Officer Figure!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spooktacular edition will be cobra officer with black gear/black mask and silver rank. :lol

They can just call him a Viper pilot if they don't want to use the Officer label again.

2viperpilot.jpg

What's the deal with the Hisstank guys? They have a great site but 90% of the reactions to the Cobra Officer are complaints about the price and the fact that he's in comic book colors yet there are long threads showcasing everyone's brand new ROC collection.

I don't get it. Its okay to spend $100 for the rolling command center from the Steve Sommers flick (plus more for all the figures to go with it) but not this:

Officer1.jpg

I just don't get the disconnect between us and them. :confused:

What's the deal with the Hisstank guys? They have a great site but 90% of the reactions to the Cobra Officer are complaints about the price and the fact that he's in comic book colors yet there are long threads showcasing everyone's brand new ROC collection.

I don't get it. Its okay to spend $100 for the rolling command center from the Steve Sommers flick (plus more for all the figures to go with it) but not this:

Officer1.jpg

Reality, maybe? :monkey1:lol

Bandwagon bs is what it boils down to. Sadly, the movie is the biggest thing to hit the Joe world in a while and there's tons of folks who swing from it's nuts simply because it's Joe. Also the SSC Cobra Officer would remind anyone of just how terrible the ROC stuff really is, so they'd want to put it down as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

Officer1.jpg

The Sideshow toys, and thus the Sideshow forum, attracts the kind of collector who's into higher-end collectibles and is willing/able to purchase these things.

Not saying they don't exist on Hisstank - I'm buying these and I'm a member there - but you're going to see it a lot more here, that's all.

Bandwagon bs is what it boils down to. Sadly, the movie is the biggest thing to hit the Joe world in a while and there's tons of folks who swing from it's nuts simply because it's Joe. Also the SSC Cobra Officer would remind anyone of just how terrible the ROC stuff really is, so they'd want to put it down as quickly as possible.

To a certain degree, yeah. Hisstank in general has a lot of new members who started collecting when the 25th Anniversary figures hit, so retail 3 3/4" is their bread and butter. Higher-end 12" figures are Sideshow freaks' bread and butter.

For me, I like it all, but RAH 3 3/4" is where it's always gonna be primarily. I gotta admit though, some of the ROC stuff looks pretty good, even if Sideshow blows it out of the water.

I guess this applies to them too:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/a1XoKxTiiDs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/a1XoKxTiiDs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>​

Personally I think the 25th Anny figures, the comic reboot by IDW and Resolute were the biggest things to hit the Joe world in years. The movie and it's licenses (for supporting it).... the worst. :lol

Officer1.jpg

Got me. Seems most of the RAH fans I chatted with back in the begining are all gone.

Guess it's a case of the current generation hating the next lol.

First time checking that forum out, reading over some of the thread, they are a bunch of cheap kids lol.

First time checking that forum out, reading over some of the thread, they are a bunch of cheap kids lol.

this is the main reason I suspect for the discord, although I wouldn't of put it like that lol. I think they are just primarily 3 3/4 collectors at under 10$ so anything over that for a figure, no matter the size, is outside the box.

this is the main reason I suspect for the discord, although I wouldn't of put it like that lol. I think they are just primarily 3 3/4 collectors at under 10$ so anything over that for a figure, no matter the size, is outside the box.

True enough. You should see the complaints about the Master Collector Convention Set. The older collectors at Yojoe and other forums aren't surprised, obviously, but a lot people on the Tank seem outright insulted at the price.

Awsome figure i gotta say. im only collecting the bad guys on this one cause the good guys look lame.

Back