SSC Catwoman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow catwoman figure

I was planning on picking up Hathaway's Catwoman but HT's last two female releases (Black Widow and Angelica) has left me unimpressed.

So I am not holding much hope for Hathaway :(

But I hope I'm wrong and you are right. Then I would get this one and Hathaway :pray:

Funny how HT still struggles to make a great looking female figure, yet Sideshow knocks all of theirs out of the park on first try. This, Harley and Baroness look fantastic.

This one is still my favorite of the bunch followed by Harley then Joker. Bats and Sups are tied.

Funny how HT still struggles to make a great looking female figure, yet Sideshow knocks all of theirs out of the park on first try. This, Harley and Baroness look fantastic.

:exactly:

I really wanted to get Black Widow but I could not make myself like it enough to spend $200 on it.

Hathaway's Catwoman has the mask on so that might help

I am a huge fan of these SSC comic figures but I too wish they were based on a specific artist's interpretation. But these are all buys for me. I really love the skin tone and detail they did on the neck and cleavage of Catwoman.

Is it just me... there is something oriental about Sideshow Catwoman...

I will decide later whether to get this one.

very nice------sideshow stepping up------
ver604.gif

It's a nice figure, but not really comic accurate. And comic accurate is what's I'd expect and want from this line in order for me to collect it.

The costume doesn't have a vinyl or leather look to it. Selina's hair is the wrong color (it's black in the comics). The costume is not the pre New 52 version because it's missing the Cooke-designed circle-shaped zipper and square belt buckle. And it's not the New 52 version because she uses her whip for a belt these days.

Probably a pass for me, despite the nice head sculpt.

These figures like the PFs I have a feeling will be idealized versions of the characters that mash up multiple artists pieces with one artist base (like Bolland for Joker) but overall be their own thing.

These are a mishmash of certain styles. Not specific to any one artist/design. Sort of a best of look. I think thats the way to go just so people don't get ____ about little details specific to specific artists.

PS Sometimes Selina is a blonde ;)

In Tim Burton's dreams, perhaps.

Yeah, she was only a blonde in Batman Returns and the first 3 seasons of Batman the Animated Series and that was to reflect the Batman Returns movie. If she was blonde in the comics it was also due to the Batman Returns film. If anything Salina Kyle looks like Audrey Hepburn with Julie Newmar's body. Though a Bruce Timm Catwoman is not a bad idea.

It's a real missed opportunity if SSC isn't based on any particular artist. If you're going to do comic book line it makes to do the figures based on specific artists especially for an adult collectibles line. That way you can make multiples of the same character. DC Direct did it; why not Sideshow?

Back