SSC Catwoman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow catwoman figure

Yeah very nice figure, even if it's not that accurate to the comics. Not to sure about the eyes turned to the side though. That limits possibility for me. You figure that she can only be posed looking to her left all the time! :gah:

The costume is not the pre New 52 version because it's missing the Cooke-designed circle-shaped zipper and square belt buckle. And it's not the New 52 version because she uses her whip for a belt these days.

These figures like the PFs I have a feeling will be idealized versions of the characters that mash up multiple artists pieces with one artist base (like Bolland for Joker) but overall be their own thing.

Not a fan of the eyes. But everything else is awesome. Must buy.

Sideshow showing these made me cancel all my movie verse figures.

I might still get commissioner Gordon. However.

Once people see the film, I predict almost unanimous preference for Hathaway over comic CW figure

See this thread in a week :lol

(I do think SS has done a great job, though)

Doesn't matter. This figure is 100 times better looking that Hathaways "Catwoman".

I am not a DC fan at all. But I think Sideshow did a great job on this and the other figures they have on display. If I collected DC 1:6 scale figures, I would be pretty happy.

This is my favorite out of the new comics line, the headsculpt is beautiful. And I think the eyes off to one side add some character, doesn't bother me at all.
However, I have no interest in a Catwoman figure at all. IF I would buy one, this would definitely be it though.

So far it looks like Harley and Catwoman are the only ones I'm interested in.

Still waiting on a full preview of Arkham City Batman untill I decide on a Batman figure to go with Joker, the '89 Batmobile, and the rest of my hot toys collection. I already have Chris Reeve Superman, so I'm not really interested in SS Supes or Batman. Batman's costume, and utility belt look cheaply made for some reason.

I might even wait to see if any other Catwomen are released...this figure has some weird design decisions considering it's not really accurate to any particular Catwoman costume. It looks like an amalgamation of the Pre-52 costume, Arkham City, and a couple other versions of the character.

Needs a more pleather look and as much as I like the face the hair "chunks" need to go, waaay too thick and look like they don't belong.

This is a very nice looking figure. So far the only Sideshow figures I've seen that are must buys are The Baroness and Darth Malgus but if my finances permit me, I'll definitely try to pick this up.

This figure >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sideshows new Batman figure.

These figures like the PFs I have a feeling will be idealized versions of the characters that mash up multiple artists pieces with one artist base (like Bolland for Joker) but overall be their own thing.

Mash ups to create a generic non-artist specific likeness is one thing. But changing costume details is quite another. My ideal 12 inch DC line would be comic accurate and not take these kinds of liberties. Just my personal preference, but enough to keep me away from this line.

Which is good, because Hot Toys is going insane with the Batman stuff lately, and I need all the money I can save.

Out of all the SS DC figs, this ones my fav. All and all looks like more craftsmanship went into this. Well I guess Bats and Supes costumes don't call for too much craftsmanship but whatever :lol This one stands out the most to me. And Harley's mallet is cool as hell.

Doesn't matter. This figure is 100 times better looking that Hathaways "Catwoman".
Well, in fairness to Nolanites, Hathaway looks like Gisele Bundchen next to the previous Wayne love interests in Nolan's films.

This is a Catwoman I would have to instabuy:

K7sQs.jpg

Once people see the film, I predict almost unanimous preference for Hathaway over comic CW figure

See this thread in a week :lol

(I do think SS has done a great job, though)

I was planning on picking up Hathaway's Catwoman but HT's last two female releases (Black Widow and Angelica) has left me unimpressed.

So I am not holding much hope for Hathaway :(

But I hope I'm wrong and you are right. Then I would get this one and Hathaway :pray:

His point is that the character in the film will make the HT figure more desirable. I'm sure he's right.

Back