SSC Boba Fett White Screen Test/Prototype Armor Sixth Scale Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the first Fett since I own the ESB Marmit, but I really want to get this version. With Sideshow announcing the McQuarrie SW items (whether that will be figures or something else) makes me a bit hesitant to pick this up.

Can anyone list all the differences between this and the reg boba if any? This one is 12.5" H (317.5mm) While the original is just 12. (New body? Same?)

Can anyone list all the differences between this and the reg boba if any? This one is 12.5" H (317.5mm) While the original is just 12. (New body? Same?)

No one will know exactly what body they used until they have the figure in hand. I take the height measurements on SSC website with a grain of salt.
The dents are missing from the helmet, his chest armor, collar armor, Shoulder armor, groin protector, and knee armor which says to me that the tooling must be different.
Also one of the weapons on his left gauntlet is different, he now has a grappling hook on his rocket pack, he has two different blasters, he now has spats, and no holster or Wookie braids FYI.

Last edited:
Well in the SDCC vid it says there's been some retooling. But i wonder about the body cause of the height. (also new cut and sew which means what exactly? Different way the costume fits?) If all that is the case, it's hardly a simple repaint i guess.

Well in the SDCC vid it says there's been some retooling. But i wonder about the body cause of the height. (also new cut and sew which means what exactly? Different way the costume fits?) If all that is the case, it's hardly a simple repaint i guess.

From what's obvious from the pics, here's what I can see:

Ankle spats (yes!!!)
Nylon-weave for the ammo belt
Newly-tailored flightsuit
Newly-tailored vest
Velcro-attached chest armor (can't tell from the pics, but was posted in the thread)
Jet pack with retractable fins

Plus, of course, the new weapons and left gauntlet.

Overall, it looks to be a winner, despite the gargantuan hands lol!

I'm looking forward to this guy, considering that I think the first SSC Boba Fett is/was tragically off.

Thanks! I can get this guy for about 87$ shipped, I just want to make sure it's going to be better than SS's first Boba attempt. It does look sexy in those pics.

100136-boba-fett-prototype-armor-011.jpg
100136-boba-fett-prototype-armor-013.jpg
100136-boba-fett-prototype-armor-004.jpg

That looks good to me body everything. If it comes out looking like this i'll be pleased.

View attachment 89187
View attachment 89190
View attachment 89191

That looks good to me body everything. If it comes out looking like this i'll be pleased.

I agree here. I'm pleased with my SS ESB Version even though a lot weren't happy with the end results but I'm one of those who was. I can say this will look 100x better and hopefully the actually product we get is what looks like the proto. So far Sideshow has been hitting the ball park. I'm saving up for this guy at the moment even though I've been wanting to spend my money on other things I just can't afford to lose my Pre-order for this or anymore of my other orders. So saving up! Can't wait for March.

I didn't care for the first Fett, so i hoping this is much better.

It really isn't bad at all. I futzed him for a couple of hours and without modding him he looked great. Even adding the mods will look 10x better but I'm happy with how he looks as of now. Looks impressive next to Vader. So I'm happy with him but like I said a lot weren't happy with the end results. But I do see this new one improving so much over the last release which I can't wait to receive. Both will look great next to each other.

Love their first fett, and preordered this one too! Looks awesome.....Vader did a good job in getting me excited in this line again! Bring on Stormtroopers 2.0!

Because a lot of the McQuarrie/Johnston concepts have a great deal of appeal to us oldtimers. Back before owning movies at home was a common occurrence all we had were the storybooks, Kenner figures and artbooks to pour through. I'd stare at the ESB concept sketches in particular for hours. Terrific figure (but they better update his jetpack and accessories) and I hope its only the first of many.

Agreed, which is why I just ordered!
:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, the exclusive comes with both the regular cape & beach towel? I want to order this soon, so just curious.

Does SS use two types of body's at all? This will be my first SS fig in years. This is a half inch taller than the first SS for some reason, (12.5) dunno if that's from the jetpack or whatever.

Looks like Boba is coming in February now. Holy ****. I got Wolverine and Boba in the same month. I hope Robocop delays like Grievous. Would really help out. So glad I got a new job!:panic:

Back