SSC Boba Fett White Screen Test/Prototype Armor Sixth Scale Figure!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would this be a sixth scale figure??? Id rather see a ROTJ fett than this stupid prototype color scheme.
Are we gonna see blue Darth maul next? Im sure somewhere in production someone colored him blue! Reminds me of that white vader that didnt get past the prototype stage.

Why the hell would this be a sixth scale figure???

Because a lot of the McQuarrie/Johnston concepts have a great deal of appeal to us oldtimers. Back before owning movies at home was a common occurrence all we had were the storybooks, Kenner figures and artbooks to pour through. I'd stare at the ESB concept sketches in particular for hours. Terrific figure (but they better update his jetpack and accessories) and I hope its only the first of many.

Why the hell would this be a sixth scale figure??? Id rather see a ROTJ fett than this stupid prototype color scheme.
Are we gonna see blue Darth maul next? Im sure somewhere in production someone colored him blue! Reminds me of that white vader that didnt get past the prototype stage.

B000051VYS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

37921783.jpg

Because a lot of the McQuarrie/Johnston concepts have a great deal of appeal to us oldtimers. Back before owning movies at home was a common occurrence all we had were the storybooks, Kenner figures and artbooks to pour through. I'd stare at the ESB concept sketches in particular for hours. Terrific figure (but they better update his jetpack and accessories) and I hope its only the first of many.

Exactly. I love those Joe Johnston sketchbooks.

Besides the blaster, grappling hook, and gauntlets, were there any other major changes?

p1G0aPq.jpg

JcPn72P.jpg

I wonder if they'll make the pre-production Fett someday. That'd be cool.

Boba_Fett--1st_Preproduction_Prototype_Helmet.jpg

9292007swsbobafettprod.jpg

Yup, me too.

I also liked how he looked more rag tag with the different colored gauntlets. Like he just took bits and pieces of different armors from his encounters. The red and yellow gauntlets really stood out to me as a kid with the Kenner figure.

hell, ssc can & should make bank on all the different versions of fett.
esb
rotj
production concept
mcquarrie concept
holiday/animated debut fett
jango fett
D'jango fett..........wait..........:monkey1

hell i would even consider a kenner paint scheme fett.

too many fetts?......:dunno

esb
rotj
production concept
mcquarrie concept
jango fett

Django Fett would eventually be canceled due to fears that it might not be considered appropriate.

Do we get a starwars beach towel?
But seriously an all white boba would be a nice fit on the shelf, not sure I'd get it the only character I've doubled on is storm troopers..

Very cool indeed! Probably a pass for me but I appreciate Sideshow doing something like this! Maybe I'll pick up a few spare parts like the jetpack with grappling hook and gun.

esb
rotj
production concept
mcquarrie concept
jango fett

this isn't even the tip of the iceberg with this mold
fett-iphone-preview.jpg

TCW-2706.jpg

HS87467AAlg.jpg

I would much rather a Holiday Special Animated Fett to Generic Fett.

Watch the video, anyone else think the filmed proto Boba vest looked familiar?

Kinda boxy looking isn't it? :monkey3

Pretty cool. Would be glad to pick this up, so long as they fix the vest (and I don't even care if the actual costume was boxy... it looks like **** - just pull a Bossk and idealize it, I'm OK with that). Think it'd be a great fit with a bunch of Scout or Stormtroopers, even if it's not movie accurate. Also, nice to see Sideshow do something a bit unexpected.

Back