1/6 SSC Batman Classic Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow a lot of hate for this figure! I'm as critical of Sideshow as anyone, especially their recent Batman PF, but I can't help but really like this figure. Yes the Wayne sculpt sucks but I would never display him with that anyway. Low on accessories...can't argue with that but we knew that when it was first revealed last year.

I see very little drop off from the prototype people were worried about. Love the suit, the colours, the belt and the cowl sculpt. The cape is better than anything HT has done for Batman and not having to remove the pegs each time you change the hands will be a relief! Proportions look fine to me. He's not huge but the muscle detail is nice and it's good to have a more trim, younger looking Batman for a change.

Finally the way you can bend his head right down is something every Batman figure should have to pull off that classic moody pose. I'm in the minority but can't wait to add this to the collection.

Can’t agree with the proportions. If he has a little bit of a wider back, his latismus dorsi muscles just a little bigger, he could get away with such a tiny waist. But I totally agree on the neck! I saw the way he was posed looking down and it was like poetry.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At some angles I see some Adam West in the sculpt. Nothing I'm particularly in on getting but it's always interesting to see a SS release roll out.

The neck is the only thing bothering me from the video, rest of it looks fine to me. Ill probably keep my pre-order

I'm very surprised by the reactions here, for two main reasons:

1. This is extremely close to the prototype.
2. This answers several of the flaws of the previous SSC sixth scales.

I have the Gotham Knight version, and while I really enjoy it for some very specific reasons, it's obviously a flawed figure. I love the suit design and colour, and the cape is amazing for finding those really iconic Batman poses, but there's a lot I would change about that figure:

• The GK version has a weirdly narrow abdomen that doesn't look very natural. This figure is a significant improvement as the figure body looks quite natural under the suit.
  • The GK version has a very severe portrait. The Batman headsculpt on this new figure, by contrast, is very much on the nose.
  • The GK version has a weak belt with weirdly shaped pouches, on top of some very diapery briefs. This figure has a really sharp belt and form fitting briefs.
  • The GK version's cape collar wasn't very form-fitting, so you lost that classic shape that Batman should have around his neck and shoulders. The design of the new figure was obviously crafted to answer that problem, and it looks great. The neck might be a hair long as a result, but this is ultimately a feature, not a bug.

In my opinion the only area where the Gotham Knight figure is measurably better is that it has a ton of accessories (three heads and three mouth plates for nine possible portraits total, and a bunch of different hands and weapons). This version's major flaw is the lack of accessories, but that was clear when it went up for pre-order. I'll probably see if any of the GK accessories fit in the gripping hands.

I'm surprised to see pre-order cancellations because with the exception of the bad eyebrow paint on the BW headsculpt, this is pretty much exactly the figure that was advertised. I definitely understand if it wasn't the version of Batman many people wanted, but that was apparent by the prototype.

I'm really excited to get this. I'm going to get some really excellent poses out of this figure. I would pay an obscene amount for SSC to finally make it's Flash figure to pair with this guy.

Completely agree with you Saintv1. Very excited to get this and the lack of drop off from the prototype bodes very well for the Joker.

Fingers crossed for the Flash and other Justice League figures. If Sideshow did comic versions of the whole team I'd gladly cancel or sell the movie versions.

I think the Batman sculpt is nice compared to their previous efforts. It doesn’t look so old and doesn’t have some weird mouth expression. The Bruce Wayne one I don’t really care for though. I like the messed up hair like he’s just taken the cowl off but overall it looks sorta weird to me for some reason. Suit seems like it’s okay. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Batsuit with the yellow oval around a smaller Bat symbol. Seems pretty light on accessories too. Just the two Batarangs and extra sculpt isn’t much. I like how for once Sideshow didn’t completely cheap out on the base and at least have something printed on it rather than their normal plain black hexagonal base.

I like this figure but sideshow really needs better bodies. Crappy looking and weak bodies cheapen the figure. They need to stop making figures and dedicate themselves to creating quality bodies in a variety of shapes and sizes before resuming figure production.

I wonder how this would look on the new tall and buff Worldbox body... or if the suit would even fit it. Would certainly get rid of the bobblehead look.

I've been following this thread from time to time and initially, I thought the fig was a disappointment. Expensive, little accessories, blue grey suit (I've always preferred black) and I wanted so much an official, first appearance Batman.

But somehow, after seeing the video, I've changed my mind and POed. Not the figure we need, but the one we deserve I guess...

I've been following this thread from time to time and initially, I thought the fig was a disappointment. Expensive, little accessories, blue grey suit (I've always preferred black) and I wanted so much an official, first appearance Batman.

But somehow, after seeing the video, I've changed my mind and POed. Not the figure we need, but the one we deserve I guess...

The one we deserve? What do you mean? Lol

So if Sideshow is providing samples for review, does that mean this guy is releasing soon? Website says Dec-Feb.

So if Sideshow is providing samples for review, does that mean this guy is releasing soon? Website says Dec-Feb.

Yeah it would seem logical to expect it to release next month now but I have no experience of Sideshow figures...this will be my first.

I think in most cases they drag out the release as long as possible in order to retrieve more NRD. A lot of figures they have on preorder right now have been released for a month or longer.

Well, the thing being sold 220, I'd say about 200...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm gonna try to make a custom Batman for myself. Probably cheaper and better, gonna make sure it doesn't have a big head like Sideshow always does. A superhero head sculpt is better a bit small to give the impression so the body looks bigger and muscular

Back