SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maniac cop 5;7191073 [URL=https://s131.photobucket.com/user/dlaird/media/IMG_0293.jpg.html said:
IMG_0293.jpg
[/URL]

That's amazing!!!!!!!!! Nice pose and display!

Toy Anxiety works fast, I got my Bat heads in the mail today. And Catwoman heads 'cause I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.

Love this figure!
Here's mine on a base I made-

Man, I was going to just go to one of those Halloween stores and get a little gargoyle to set him on, but this is too epic. Looks like I'm going to be spending some time in the shop trying to make something half as awesome. Well done

After having him a few days... I gotta say I LOVE this figure. Such a fantastic representation of comic Batman. Sure, it has a flaw or two... but the overall presence is amazing. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite 1/6th scale figures.

A few quick pics...

My take on the Batman #608 cover pose-

...and here he is in his new home in my display. :)

Sallah

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my base. It's kind of funny that I didn't even make it with any particular Batman figure in mind except for my nod to the 89 Batman movie (the light switch). It took me two months to build in my spare time (I work 12 hour shift work) and I literally finished it late at night and the Sideshow Batman arrived the next day! Talk about your perfect timing!

To anyone who owns the sideshow Batman maybe they can answer this for me. I'm looking to get the stand and use the second slot croch grapper to hold my 1/4 batmans... I would have the normal base made out of wood and have to post attached to the base. Was just wondering do you guys think it could hold the figure in place with the crotch grapper in the second slot?

As a big bat fan and buyer of all the other SS batman figs, I did not like the pics of this figure and passed. Nut then the ex';s were selling out and I finally popped. Can't say I'm glad I did. The arm fell of the figure right away at the elbow and the head sculpts re just terrible - eyes way too high up, scaling to body is awful and in a reverse of the Jedi Luke, new muscular arms are too short, apelike. I'm amazed anyone let this head sculpt through production. Cowl sits way too high up on the head, leaving way more face exposed than is typical. Overall, the first really disappointing SS fig in a long time - not one or two nitpicks, but serious flaws in both execution & QC. Sticking with customs, Medicom Hush and the old (too big) DC Direct figs - hoping to see a replacement head somewhere as that jus my biggest issue. Yeah, you can sculpt Jon Hamm as Batman, but SHOULD you?

To anyone who owns the sideshow Batman maybe they can answer this for me. I'm looking to get the stand and use the second slot croch grapper to hold my 1/4 batmans... I would have the normal base made out of wood and have to post attached to the base. Was just wondering do you guys think it could hold the figure in place with the crotch grapper in the second slot?

I trust you are referring to the Hot Toys or Enterbay Batman quarter scale figures? In either case I believe the crotch grabber is probably too small for those larger figures. I would imagine that the stands that are used for larger doll like collectibles like the Tonner dolls would be a better fit.

As a big bat fan and buyer of all the other SS batman figs, I did not like the pics of this figure and passed. Nut then the ex';s were selling out and I finally popped. Can't say I'm glad I did. The arm fell of the figure right away at the elbow and the head sculpts re just terrible - eyes way too high up, scaling to body is awful and in a reverse of the Jedi Luke, new muscular arms are too short, apelike. I'm amazed anyone let this head sculpt through production. Cowl sits way too high up on the head, leaving way more face exposed than is typical. Overall, the first really disappointing SS fig in a long time - not one or two nitpicks, but serious flaws in both execution & QC. Sticking with customs, Medicom Hush and the old (too big) DC Direct figs - hoping to see a replacement head somewhere as that jus my biggest issue. Yeah, you can sculpt Jon Hamm as Batman, but SHOULD you?

I feel the same way about the arms. If they were double-jointed it would have helped with the length IMO. I am glad that I am handing with needle and thread as when I went to remove the shorts they split in the back. I ended up putting the suit, boots and gauntlets on a modified HT Avengers Cap body and used the original Dark Knight Batman for the head. It looks a little more proportionate and more poseable. I really bought the figure for the new body with some interest in the outfit and accessories. Now I find I am only using the outfit and it is only a matter of time before I dissect the new SSC superhero body. We'll see how the Supes turns out.

After having him a few days... I gotta say I LOVE this figure. Such a fantastic representation of comic Batman. Sure, it has a flaw or two... but the overall presence is amazing. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite 1/6th scale figures.

A few quick pics...

My take on the Batman #608 cover pose-

...and here he is in his new home in my display. :)

Sallah

Video review time!! :)

One other thing I'll not in addition to my previous pissing & moaning, has anyone else noticed the eyes aren't fully painted? The white on the eyes is tiny in comparison to the sculpted eyeball. It looks like the sculptor intended a much larger eye area. Again, stunned this thing got through the system, especially after how much I enjoyed the Joker & ladies.

One other thing I'll not in addition to my previous pissing & moaning, has anyone else noticed the eyes aren't fully painted? The white on the eyes is tiny in comparison to the sculpted eyeball. It looks like the sculptor intended a much larger eye area. Again, stunned this thing got through the system, especially after how much I enjoyed the Joker & ladies.

Go back a few pages, we fixed that problem.:wink1:

Old news pal..problem fixed easily by many posters on this thread

I am login' this figure! Posing him is great. Trying to post some pics now but I don't think I am doing it right.

So I ended up inadvertently doing my first mod today; I was trying to take the belt off, and I broke the little hook/button combo. I ended up getting some clear, really thin velcro, using that to attach the pieces together again, and it worked out really well. Now, the belt sits really snug, and I can take it off and on w/no problems.
BTW, I emailed sideshow about the loose elbow, and they're shipping me a new body. Great customer service!

Back