SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly in hand it's one of the finest figures I have ever bought. The blue is not that bright and the cape is fantastic. Posed right, this is the best 1/6 Batman on the market. Movie or comic book.

Honestly in hand it's one of the finest figures I have ever bought. The blue is not that bright and the cape is fantastic. Posed right, this is the best 1/6 Batman on the market. Movie or comic book.

I agree this is a superior figure in every way. If anything it's beats any Miller or Lee type Batman custom I've ever owned

Did the eye mod tonight, looks much better. I don't know why SSC just make the plastic eye piece all white in the first place.

I really like the looks of this figure. Other than the 1989 movie, I haven't wanted to pick up any Batman figs. But I love the fact that this is comic based, and the choice of costume is great. With PO's and other figs coming down the line, I'm just not sure It's in the budget. But God willing, I will have to see. Thanks to all who have posted personal pics of their Bat's in hand. Great shots! Nice to see the fig in different lighting too.

Did the eye mod tonight, looks much better. I don't know why SSC just make the plastic eye piece all white in the first place.

I think they wanted to pull this off but failed.
Batman%20Life%20Size%20Bust%2002.jpg

Dude, its Sideshow does this really surprise you? This crap has been going on forever, that is why they will always be behind Hot Toys. With that said, I personally love the figure. I like the new body, I think the thickness of arms are what is making it look like the arms are short. I always felt Hot Toys body's arms are too long.

You're absolutely right. My point is that if someone drops in and is like I think there is something wrong with my figure let's not give him a hard time. I mean it's Sideshow's foul up, right, not his.

If it is intentional, then it's not a mistake, it's a design choice. It may be YOUR OPINION that it's a mistake. But that doesn't make it so.

Opinion or not it is a mistake. Intentional yes but a mistake nonetheless. If it wasn't a mistake than why are so many people rushing to fix this "mistake?"
Maybe mistake is too strong of a word. Maybe a boo-boo or "My-bad" or just a poor design choice. When I put salt in my Honey Nut Cheerios I did it intentional. After I took a bite and threw it in the trash I realized I'd made a mistake. Intentional as it was it made it no less a goof.

Last edited:
Okay I just got this and I agree with most folks here, it could have been better but its still a huge leap for Sideshow. The best way they could have fixed the problems would be to sell these for about 150. I'll bet alot of people would overlook the few issuse it has if the price was right. I do have a question, I tried to make the belt look a little better and when I pop it loose the snap broke. So is this something to get with Sideshow on or do I just need to get a new belt from Toy Anxiety ?

Got this today too.

I'm very happy. No loose articulation, no fluffy residue on the bat symbol, everything's perfect.

BUT....

Damn, that head is a massive melon! When you look at it and then at the waist, the disproportion is painfully obvious!

Still, I'm loving it! Oh, and I'm very surprised with the blue! It doesn't look as bright as in the pictures. Actually I'm even wondering if it isn't the same as the proto blue. At least, when I look at the early pics, it looks very similar.

Now to find a way to stop the belt from moving too much...

Last edited:
Here are my photo contributions to the thread. I did the eye mod & swapped out the stock belt for the Medicom Jim Lee belt with a little paint touch up:

Attachments

• SSC batman 0.JPG
    SSC batman 0.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 370
  • SSC batman 1.JPG
    SSC batman 1.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 376
  • SSC batman 2.JPG
    SSC batman 2.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 371
  • SSC batman 3.JPG
    SSC batman 3.JPG