SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

My bad. The only DCD 13" I owned was the Batman, and the price tag on it says $49 or 59 if I remembered correctly, so I assumed most of the figures were priced similar. :lol

I have about 20 dc direct 13" and paid about $40 each at comic shop clearance sale about 4 years ago. But $40 was 50% off. Thats why I got them and the only reason I knew they retailed for much more.

For the standard DC Direct 13-Inch figures, I started out paying $38.99 for Green Lantern back in March 2006. The first release Superman (Nov 2005) was a deluxe figure that came with Clark Kent's suit and girder, for $58.49. This was after a store discount of 35% at DCBS, so they were about $53 and $79, respectively. By the end of the line in October 2010, the Golden Age Green Lantern was $67.99 ($92 before the discount), more than a 57% increase in price!

I am not blown away with anything shown thus far, but I think Batman (and The Joker) are the two best ones. If the price was right, I would probably at least grab Batman. These are definitely going to be better than DC Direct, but right now I don't see anything that makes me want to replace my DC Direct Infantino Batman or the modern black suit Batman. At least not at $150+.

I am not blown away with anything shown thus far, but I think Batman (and The Joker) are the two best ones. If the price was right, I would probably at least grab Batman. These are definitely going to be better than DC Direct, but right now I don't see anything that makes me want to replace my DC Direct Infantino Batman or the modern black suit Batman. At least not at $150+.

Totally agree with you. It's tough I think when you see the number of Batman's released lately.

The biggest interest for me in this line is figures that we haven't normally gotten. Like a 1/6 Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Man-bat. Maybe a nightwing, robin, batgirl too! A Talia would be interesting too. Really depends on how deep SS is willing to take the line.

Sideshow's most expensive figure to date ($200) was the new Snake Eyes, who comes with tons of junk, two portraits and an articulated wolf (which also has two portraits). Before that, Boba Fett and IG-88 were the most expensive at $175.

I don't understand why people are expecting the basic DC figures to top those prices.

May I ask, how many DC direct 13" figures have been made since DCD started the line? Can some find the complete list of their line?

May I ask, how many DC direct 13" figures have been made since DCD started the line? Can some find the complete list of their line?

I think this is complete

AQUAMAN
BATGIRL
BATGIRL ( VARIANT )
BATMAN
BATMAN BEGINS BATMAN
BATMAN BEYOND
BATMAN ( CLASSIC )
BATMAN JUSTICE
BIZARRO
BLACK CANARY
CATWOMAN - BLACK
CATWOMAN - PURPLE
COMEDIAN
DARK KNIGHT BATMAN
DARK KNIGHT JOKER
DR MANHATTAN
FLASH
FLASH ( GOLDEN AGE )
GREEN ARROW
GREEN LANTERN
GREEN LANTERN CORPS
GREEN LANTERN ( GOLDEN AGE )
HARLEY QUINN
JOKER
JONAH HEX
LEX LUTHOR
MARTIAN MANHUNTER
NIGHTWING
POISON IVY
POWER GIRL
ROBIN
RORSCHACH
SANDMAN
SGT. ROCK
SHAZAM
SINESTRO
SUPERGIRL
SUPERMAN ( CLARK KENT )
SUPERMAN ( CLASSIC )
SUPERMAN ( KINGDOM COME )
SUPERMAN RETURNS SUPERMAN
THE SPIRIT
TWO-FACE
V FOR VENDETTA
WONDER WOMAN
ZATANNA

I think this is complete

AQUAMAN
BATGIRL
BATGIRL ( VARIANT )
BATMAN
BATMAN BEGINS BATMAN
BATMAN BEYOND
BATMAN ( CLASSIC )
BATMAN JUSTICE
BIZARRO
BLACK CANARY
CATWOMAN - BLACK
CATWOMAN - PURPLE
COMEDIAN
DARK KNIGHT BATMAN
DARK KNIGHT JOKER
DR MANHATTAN
FLASH
FLASH ( GOLDEN AGE )
GREEN ARROW
GREEN LANTERN
GREEN LANTERN CORPS
GREEN LANTERN ( GOLDEN AGE )
HARLEY QUINN
JOKER
JONAH HEX
LEX LUTHOR
MARTIAN MANHUNTER
NIGHTWING
POISON IVY
POWER GIRL
ROBIN
RORSCHACH
SANDMAN
SGT. ROCK
SHAZAM
SINESTRO
SUPERGIRL
SUPERMAN ( CLARK KENT )
SUPERMAN ( CLASSIC )
SUPERMAN ( KINGDOM COME )
SUPERMAN RETURNS SUPERMAN
THE SPIRIT
TWO-FACE
V FOR VENDETTA
WONDER WOMAN
ZATANNA

Thank you for the list. :)

Is it worth getting into collecting these figures or better to wait for sideshow's DC 1/6th figures instead???

Thank you for the list. :)

Is it worth getting into collecting these figures or better to wait for sideshow's DC 1/6th figures instead???

I have most because I got them for @ $40 each. They are nowhere near the quality of HT and not as good as most sideshow 1/6 figures I have. If you prefer higher quality, I wouldn't get the DC Direct. But they are pretty good if you can get them at a decent price. IMO.

I have most because I got them for @ $40 each. They are nowhere near the quality of HT and not as good as most sideshow 1/6 figures I have. If you prefer higher quality, I wouldn't get the DC Direct. But they are pretty good if you can get them at a decent price. IMO.

I do prefer top quality on collectibles. Thank you for clearing things up for me. Better save the money and buy from HT and sideshow instead. :)

I have a few DC direct figs and i REALLY like them.. Peeps always talk bad about them, but i think they cool. Its a shame that they decided to make them 13" instead of 12". The Kingdom Come Superman and Ross Batman are still two of my favorite figs

I would guess a lot of people (myself included) are unwilling to order The Joker before we see the final shots of Batman. It all seems quite strange to me.

I think we'll see at least one more figure from this line go up for pre-order before comic con.

I was really excited for this line but seeing the prototypes on display put a bit of a downer on it for me. Once the joker was revealed and up for pre order I was impressed with everything but the head sculpt. Not that it's not well made, just not a fan of the way it turned out. The clothing and accessories are great though, especially the inclusion of the laughing fish, that alone makes me want to order it. But the batman proto done literally nothing for me. So it would need to really wow me now. But if it did, it may make me want to go back and order the joker too.

I was really excited for this line but seeing the prototypes on display put a bit of a downer on it for me. Once the joker was revealed and up for pre order I was impressed with everything but the head sculpt. Not that it's not well made, just not a fan of the way it turned out. The clothing and accessories are great though, especially the inclusion of the laughing fish, that alone makes me want to order it. But the batman proto done literally nothing for me. So it would need to really wow me now. But if it did, it may make me want to go back and order the joker too.

It's much better than the alternative:

450_13in_joker.jpg

Do you think them reworking the sculpt is why we haven't had a reveal and pre-order yet?

I'll be honest, if they don't fix the head, or offer an alternative one, I will just keep my Medicom Hush figure and probably cancel Joker.

Back