SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

It's much better than the alternative:

450_13in_joker.jpg

Haha yeah admittedly that would be much worse. Like I said, its definitely a well made head, I'm just not crazy about the design of it. Everything else is fantastic though.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? Is it just an aesthetic thing where you'd have preferred they take it in a different direction, or do you find there to be issues with the sculpt that should be fixed?

It's the overly furrowed brow. After a couple people mentioned it looks like a butt or scrotum, I can't get the image out of my head. And it looked wrong even before people said it. That was just the final nail in the coffin for me.

The rest of the figure looks awesome. I hope they give it a sculpt more like the premium format figure.

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? Is it just an aesthetic thing where you'd have preferred they take it in a different direction, or do you find there to be issues with the sculpt that should be fixed?

You mean about the joker figure yeah? It's nothing that I think needs to be tweaked or fixed or anything, for some reason I just don't really like it. As I said, I think it's well made and the paint apps look really good, it just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I think he maybe looks more like some kind of scary monster rather than psychotic. I dunno really, hard to explain, but its just something that doesn't appeal to me personally. Certainly don't think people shouldn't be buying it or anything, I'm glad so many people are pleased with it. Just not for me I guess.

Different strokes for different folks; do you like the alternate head?

That's exactly it. Not saying its bad, just not for me. And no, not really a fan of the alternate head either. :lol I actually prefer the closed mouth grin to the laughing head. It kind of reminds me of the puppets from spitting image.

It's much better than the alternative:

450_13in_joker.jpg

Yeah, I was gonna pass on Joker and Bat's because I have the figure above, as well as the Batman that accompanies it, but the Sideshow Joker is just so much better I couldn't resist ordering.

Now I'm going to have to break down and get this Batman to go with him since the DC Direct Batman will be out of scale.

Does anyone know when Joker went up for pre-order? Just curious hopefully Batman goes up for pre-order around October or so...

Hopefully, Batman goes up sooner than that. Also, Joker went up in January. The ex is still available if you haven't ordered yet.

Ok cool, when do you guys think we will see Batman up for pre-order?

I wonder if we'll be seeing the retooled sculpt at SDCC this year?
I can't imagine that we'll see NEW figures since we've already seen five...four of which Havn't even gone up for pre order yet..

So I'm hoping that we'll at least see batman a little more fleshed out with more accessories and whatever alterations they might have done since last year.

And for the love of god.
A release date.

:pray:

Im amazed we haven't seen more. I don't want to get Joker until I know what Batman is gonna look like.

Yea I'm pretty surprised they haven't shown Superman or Batman. Maybe they're also tweaking the male bodies just like they are the female body??

Wonder if we'll see this ever hit the light of day. A preorder while I'm still breathing would be nice.

At this point, they are probably waiting for Comic Con for a full reveal of the new sculpt and hopefully have the pre-order at that time.

He kind of does! That's appropriate, since Tim was originally thought of for the Animated Series that would bring us Mark Hammill instead!

Back