SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:impatient:
he looks fantastic, he really does. its cool they have taken their time to get him right, just a little frustrating that it has taken 2 years + since his first reveal to finally be available. i was hoping the line would be a little further along by now.

:impatient:
he looks fantastic, he really does. its cool they have taken their time to get him right, just a little frustrating that it has taken 2 years + since his first reveal to finally be available. i was hoping the line would be a little further along by now.

I agree 100%. With a line like this that isn't dependent on some movie or TV show you get your hopes up that they will be putting out a ton of characters not just the ultra popular ones. This should be the line where a JSA fan or a Titans fan could expect awesome quality 1/6 representations of their favorite characters. There are so many potential figures in the DC universe this could really blow up into a HUGE collection but at the speed they are going I just don't see that happening. Granted we all want them to get the characters and quality right etc... that's a given, but even so we have only seen 7 characters in 3+ years of which only 3 are currently in-hand.

I agree 100%. With a line like this that isn't dependent on some movie or TV show you get your hopes up that they will be putting out a ton of characters not just the ultra popular ones. This should be the line where a JSA fan or a Titans fan could expect awesome quality 1/6 representations of their favorite characters. There are so many potential figures in the DC universe this could really blow up into a HUGE collection but at the speed they are going I just don't see that happening. Granted we all want them to get the characters and quality right etc... that's a given, but even so we have only seen 7 characters in 3+ years of which only 3 are currently in-hand.

yeah, i was a little underwhelmed with the reveals to be honest. flash and GL are locks for any dc actionfigure line. i was really looking for a figure beyond the JLA.

im not down on the line at all, just the opposite. im just anxious to see the promise the line has fulfilled.

emasu7ab.jpg

damn , I have been trying to get sideshow to change my last flex pay from the 25th to the 5th
but no one has contacted me in two weeks
and I want this one so baaad

They're going Deadpool and Punisher on the otherside. Maybe Deathstroke this side. And the three have just been bat villains, but I think they've mastered the fem body enough to use it for loads of female characters.
Daydreaming here, but my DC list would be something like
Powergirl, Shazam, Dr Fate and um Zealot!

I was wrong about det com isue it was a latter batman and these are the only cover arts i seen for this look. Batman 375 in case you cant read it. Freeze would be super easy costume wise but it's the fishbowl that worries me. anyways this is so off topic but im glad you guys enjoy my future custom thoughts. I'll be using these 2 comics to help me make him since certain panels are quite useful

View attachment 124098
i knew i had one of these around some where ,just needed to find them ,they came with some get smart figure i had ,maybe sideshow ?,anyway thought it could solve your freeze helmet problem
20140806_151327_zpsz1f0oq78.jpg

20140806_150032_zpssdinserg.jpg

20140810_200732_zpsrvhofyvt.jpg

the knock off bruce willis in cheap sun glasses could be a starting place ,this is how the helmet looks on a bald guy with glasses lol

They're going Deadpool and Punisher on the otherside. Maybe Deathstroke this side. And the three have just been bat villains, but I think they've mastered the fem body enough to use it for loads of female characters.
Daydreaming here, but my DC list would be something like
Powergirl, Shazam, Dr Fate and um Zealot!

You're kidding, right? The bodies are the worst part of the Catwoman and Harley figures. Compared to the Hot Toys Black Widow, which pretty much costs the same at retail, the SSC fem bodies look and feel like cheap knock-offs.

Yeah, I was struggling trying to get Harley into a decent pose today without a stand and her body was really flopping all over the place. These new Sideshow female bodies look okay (although as always with 1/6 female figures, they're too long and willowy, not really representative of how women look) but they can't hold a pose and I'm also worried about their durability. And on my Harley in particular there's something wrong with her left shoulder--it's too low on her body, as if it isn't rotated correctly in the joint. But the costume is so tight that I'm having a hard time fixing it.

Yeah, I was struggling trying to get Harley into a decent pose today without a stand and her body was really flopping all over the place. These new Sideshow female bodies look okay (although as always with 1/6 female figures, they're too long and willowy, not really representative of how women look) but they can't hold a pose and I'm also worried about their durability. And on my Harley in particular there's something wrong with her left shoulder--it's too low on her body, as if it isn't rotated correctly in the joint. But the costume is so tight that I'm having a hard time fixing it.

Yeah and Sideshow Spent how Looooooong Developing the New Female Body? :ohbfrank:

Could it be that they do not have the capacity to make a great female body? I mean Mattel took over a year to develop their 24" Voltron figure and it was an epic, epic fail. There was no way Mattel could make a Voltron, no matter how long they took, that was on the same level as Bandai or Toynami. They just don't have what it takes. Does SSC have the "it" to make a female figure body on the level of say the Iron Man 2 Black Widow? The Hot Toys Selina Kyle and Avengers Black Widow take a serious dump on the SSC Harley and Catwoman.

I still don't understand why 1/6 toy companies can't see the flaws in their female figures' proportions. Put a photo of any Hot Toy female figure next to an in-scale photo of the actress and you'll see the problems: upper arms too thin, wrists too long, thighs too thin, calves too long, neck both too thin and too long. It's the same every single time. It's as if they base their female figures on six-foot tall runway models. They don't look right, they never look right, and why can't the toy companies see that? You'd think if any company could get it right it would be Hot Toys, but their females are just as lanky and out of proportion as everyone else's.

Hey LIbby!! Can you make a thread of your stuff and post some individual pics? I want to see more of your wonderwoman, greenlantern and captain marvel stuff. They look pretty darn cool. Is that wonderwoman head from the ebay seller that sells it for 8$ or something?

Back