SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the face plate is sitting all the way flush. Which could make it look a little distorted. On the cowl I also don't like the nose, it looks like a bent beak.
212a2wp.jpg

So darklord Dave says this is the production figure? This true?

That's not what they told me. I was at the booth, handled the figure and talked to Matt & Kevin about them. What I was told was this was made by the factory but it isn't a production run figure. The color on it will be slightly tweaked. That production run hasn't started.

Technically, this is a pre-production sample...but Dave runs the board, you can believe whoever you want. But I think the fact that this is delayed lends credence to the fact that this is not a production run piece. Production runs take 3-4 weeks to complete.

That's not what they told me. I was at the booth, handled the figure and talked to Matt & Kevin about them. What I was told was this was made by the factory but it isn't a production run figure. The color on it will be slightly tweaked. That production run hasn't started.

Technically, this is a pre-production sample...but Dave runs the board, you can believe whoever you want. But I think the fact that this is delayed lends credence to the fact that this is not a production run piece. Production runs take 3-4 weeks to complete.

I was at the booth too (at a separate time and also handled the figure) and can confirm what Lee said. This is what I was told as well. I was also told that the one in the display was the "newer" prototype with "mostly" color tweaks. What they allowed us to handle was an older prototype factory piece.

Last edited:
When i do get batman I want to make him into my 70's/80's batman like photographed. I just wish i could get the bat insignia screen printed on his suit but i guess a decal is better than nothing. the guy in background is the 80's Mr. Freeze which is my personal favorite that i hope i will build for myself. picture was shaky i was trying to prop up comic and photograph at same time.

10527408_10202313898799390_1123960666418178185_n.jpg

groovy,

thats one of my personal favorite comicbook covers ever. the perfect jim aparo batman and my favorite incarnation of freeze ever.

these would be 2 grail figures for me, especially freeze.

I love the eyes, hard as hell. This feels like a mix of Miller's DKR Batman and the 70's blue suit era. Hard looking, vengeance seeking, tough weirdo who wears spandex. The crooked nose on the battle damaged head is awesome. My waitlist exclusive just converted! So I'm pretty stoked. I'd love a black and grey version too one day.

When i do get batman I want to make him into my 70's/80's batman like photographed. I just wish i could get the bat insignia screen printed on his suit but i guess a decal is better than nothing. the guy in background is the 80's Mr. Freeze which is my personal favorite that i hope i will build for myself. picture was shaky i was trying to prop up comic and photograph at same time.

View attachment 124038
What issue is that?

it's Batman # 308 feb. there was also a detective comic that followed but i can't find it right now to post. Im a huge fan of 70's and 80's batman because Im from that era of bronze age. Funny thing about freeze he has had more costume changes than any female in dc history.

it's Batman # 308 feb. there was also a detective comic that followed but i can't find it right now to post. Im a huge fan of 70's and 80's batman because Im from that era of bronze age. Funny thing about freeze he has had more costume changes than any female in dc history.

Ahhhh the memories. I started getting Batman in like '75. If I only knew then what I know now :banghead

I was wrong about det com isue it was a latter batman and these are the only cover arts i seen for this look. Batman 375 in case you cant read it. Freeze would be super easy costume wise but it's the fishbowl that worries me. anyways this is so off topic but im glad you guys enjoy my future custom thoughts. I'll be using these 2 comics to help me make him since certain panels are quite useful

Batman_375.jpg

I was wrong about det com isue it was a latter batman and these are the only cover arts i seen for this look. Batman 375 in case you cant read it. Freeze would be super easy costume wise but it's the fishbowl that worries me. anyways this is so off topic but im glad you guys enjoy my future custom thoughts. I'll be using these 2 comics to help me make him since certain panels are quite useful

View attachment 124098

just an idea for the freeze fishbowl helmet. if you go to michaels around christmas time they sell clear plastic spherical ornaments. for decoration and hanging on a tree. i bought one years ago with the intention of trying a freeze custom........never got around to it though.

Although I'm pretty happy with the look of the fig, and thanks for posting the vid, and pre-ordered on day 1, I don't think I'm going to use any of the alternate faces. The grimace looks more like he's being electrocuted or something. I would have preferred an angry grimace, than a pained grimace...
But boy oh boy, I'm happy I pre-ordered this and Superman. Wolverine next...

Back