SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed and the nose sits way too high above the mouth.
It's a weird face.

Oh damn I didn't notice that :lol

I guess it's David Schwimmer behind the cowl then :lol

DavidSchwimmer313-copy.jpg

The regular cowl looks great though.

While I'm a fan of the unbeatable athletic Neal Adams Batman, the body SS gave him is fine. And falls in line with this pic.

I don't see anyone whining about Hot Toys Arkham City Batman design being so damn thick. Guess cause it's HoT tOyS!!

Hard to complain when a figure is perfect, I guess that's why Sideshow get's so much grief.

Just got the notice he is delayed. Hopefully for the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PwWQgo6_bc Da Bomb Show got a hands on look at Batman

After watching that video I gotta have this figure now; I can't wait another 2 months. The extension stand, the new boot design, the great accessories and yes, the incredible body design. Gotta thank Jay and Wendy for posting the demonstration. I am sold. Hurry up and buy!

So SS says;

"Sideshow Kathy: yes, it appears that the production is taking a bit longer than originally anticipated
I am sorry

me: Im new to SS, is this typical?

Sideshow Kathy: expected ship dates are always estimates
that is why you are not charged for the piece until we are getting ready to ship it to you
you can certainly cancel without any penalty at all

me: Will SS start shipping to those who PO'd early or does everyone wait

Sideshow Kathy: with1/6th scale figures, the whole edition comes in at once and we fulfill all orders"

Some of you probably already know or are used to this :impatient:

It's one more month it's ok just breath. Delays happen, it's better a delay than a complete cancellation of the figure itself. All this does is make the payments for those who did three month payment plans for batman and superman, like my self, a month closer. I can't wait a month I've already waited how many? lol

So SS says;

"Sideshow Kathy: yes, it appears that the production is taking a bit longer than originally anticipated
I am sorry

me: Im new to SS, is this typical?

Sideshow Kathy: expected ship dates are always estimates
that is why you are not charged for the piece until we are getting ready to ship it to you
you can certainly cancel without any penalty at all

me: Will SS start shipping to those who PO'd early or does everyone wait

Sideshow Kathy: with1/6th scale figures, the whole edition comes in at once and we fulfill all orders"

Some of you probably already know or are used to this :impatient:

How can anyone get them early when they (SS) don't have them?

Now that I look at the damaged cowl, the eyes are waaay too freakishly small :lol

The eyes are freakishly small on all the headsculpts they included with this figure. They're tiny and placed too far apart. It was the first thing I noticed about the figure when they did the first reveals.

The eyes are freakishly small on all the headsculpts they included with this figure. They're tiny and placed too far apart. It was the first thing I noticed about the figure when they did the first reveals.

I think they may look a bit small because they are set far back in the mask... I don't think are too far apart though? The bar is the same size in both these pics, and each end reaches the outside edge of each eye:

And they line up pretty well when layered on top of each other-

Just my opinion of course. :) I personally think they did a pretty bang up job of capturing comic-style Batman in the standard face sculpt... And the comic version isn't always anatomically correct either.

Sallah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PwWQgo6_bc Da Bomb Show got a hands on look at Batman

Wow, that preview video is a real seller, it looks great in movement, the only thing I'm not crazy about is the 2 piece boots, c'mon for a figure that scale you should able to find a better solution, just feels unnatural.

For some reason the damaged cowl looks the weider.

The rest look fine to me, must be the nose, I don't know.

Back