SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one I'll need to see in-hand pictures of--the legs just look weird to me. And the eyes are so small and spaced so far apart he hardly looks human.

This is one I'll need to see in-hand pictures of--the legs just look weird to me. And the eyes are so small and spaced so far apart he hardly looks human.

They were already shown last year and the year before. It will be the same figure.

sdcc2013_sideshow_156.jpg
sdcc2013_sideshow_159.jpg
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Wed-034.jpg

I didn't like the pics of these figures at the previous comic cons. After getting Harley, joker and catwoman in hand I can't wait to add bats to the lineup

Still not sure about his legs...he looks too short somehow. Maybe because the legs are extra bulky? Or maybe he has too much torso, not sure. Maybe it's just that he has an actually realistic muscular body, as opposed to "comic book" dimensions, and that's what's throwing me off. I think real body-builders are more likely to look like this figure than the standard superhero. It's a look I'm not used to.

I will say that I love the paint work on his face, it looks "real" enough that I think he could co-exist nicely on the shelf with the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece superheroes. Since we've never (in my opinion) gotten a perfect movie interpretation of Batman, this guy might end up filling the role on my shelf. Chris Reeve is my Superman, Downey is my Iron Man, Chris Evans is my Cap, but we never did get a Batman from the movies that I could stand behind, and I doubt we'll get that from Affleck (though I'm open to changing my mind.)

I will say that I love the paint work on his face, it looks "real" enough that I think he could co-exist nicely on the shelf with the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece superheroes. Since we've never (in my opinion) gotten a perfect movie interpretation of Batman, this guy might end up filling the role on my shelf. Chris Reeve is my Superman, Downey is my Iron Man, Chris Evans is my Cap, but we never did get a Batman from the movies that I could stand behind, and I doubt we'll get that from Affleck (though I'm open to changing my mind.)

IMO DX09/1989 Batman is the best 1/6 Batman figure HT has produced so far. It will do great alongside the ones you mentioned (especially next to Reeve Superman), unless you're not a fan of Keaton Batman.

Glad im pre order this one, just wondering is this based from killing joke ?

Not really. Though not 100%, this figure seemed to be closer to Jim Lee's Batman from Hush. Bolland's Batman from the Killing Joke was leaner, had a smaller bat-emblem on the chest, and used the classic capsule-studded utility belt.

Not really. Though not 100%, this figure seemed to be closer to Jim Lee's Batman from Hush. Bolland's Batman from the Killing Joke was leaner, had a smaller bat-emblem on the chest, and used the classic capsule-studded utility belt.

yeah, this is sideshows own take on the character for sure. i would agree loosely based on hush, particularly the short eared sculpt. killing joke batman had the yellow oval and as huebert suggested was a leaner more athletic batman ( i would love one of those too, sideshow!)

yeah, this is sideshows own take on the character for sure. i would agree loosely based on hush, particularly the short eared sculpt. killing joke batman had the yellow oval and as huebert suggested was a leaner more athletic batman ( i would love one of those too, sideshow!)

Yeah, the only thing SSC needed to add on the short-eared sculpt are the cuts on both cheeks of the cowl and it's Jim Lee's Batman alright. Well, SSC loves to "modernize" as a way of interpreting classic characters like their Joe line, and Hush must have inspired them a lot since it's modern enough before New 52 happened.

Oh yeah. Bolland Batman in 1/6 would be great! Love those pointed shoulders and full-front closing cape!

After debating this for months, I jumped on the Wait List for the exclusive on this today... I don't plan on buying the whole line, but a comic-style Batman to display with my Tim Drake Robin custom seems like a worthy addition to my shelves. :) Here's hoping it converts!

Sallah

Can't wait for this!! Now, as for SDCC, I hope to see a Flash, John Stewart GL, and a Wonder Woman to go with Bats and Clark.

for display purposes i could really do with 2 of this figure, the only thing stopping me is the thought that sideshow will surely give us another version sooner rather than later?
They could. There are two versions of the Life Size Bust if I'm correct, a blue variant of the Premium Format was hinted at and Poison Ivy PF has a 'Green with Envy' variant.

That said, I agree with people that most of the figures are a spin on old designs, like Harley having a corset.

Back