SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your tim drake robin is awesome!

if sideshow reveal a tim drake half as good as yours at SDCC i will be one happy camper!

Thank you very much! :duff

My wait list converted last night! I am way more excited about this release than I was when it was first shown... The look of it has really grown on me. I still wish it had the yellow oval instead of the plain black bat, but for now this will be the deifnitive comic-style Batman in my collection. :)

Sallah

I'm happy with the overall look of this but I'd definitely buy two if Tony Meis ever offered a comic based suit with a yellow oval for it.

I'm happy with the overall look of this but I'd definitely buy two if Tony Meis ever offered a comic based suit with a yellow oval for it.

I was thinking the same! It would really just need the gray suit with yellow oval and a new capsule utility belt to be tweaked into a more desirable version for me...

Sallah

I hadn't even thought about the belt but your right, that would make an awesome custom, sallah.

Yeah... Excuse the poor photoshop job, but it would really only take a new gray suit from Tony and a custom belt to turn this-

...into this-

I am crossing my fingers that Tony will do a new suit and that some industrious person will offer a belt. :)

Sallah

Yeah... Excuse the poor photoshop job, but it would really only take a new gray suit from Tony and a custom belt to turn this-

...into this-

I am crossing my fingers that Tony will do a new suit and that some industrious person will offer a belt. :)

Sallah

I dont see any problem with suit, but we need tony cape for this, you never go wrong with tony cape

I dont see any problem with suit, but we need tony cape for this, you never go wrong with tony cape

I don't think the suit is bad either... I just meant a new suit to accommodate the yellow logo. :)

I actually think the figure looks really nice overall... I would have just preferred a couple of different design choices. A new suit from Tony featuring the yellow logo instead of the black and a capsule utility belt would take care of that and give the buyer the option to display either one. :)

Sallah

I don't think the suit is bad either... I just meant a new suit to accommodate the yellow logo. :)

I actually think the figure looks really nice overall... I would have just preferred a couple of different design choices. A new suit from Tony featuring the yellow logo instead of the black and a capsule utility belt would take care of that and give the buyer the option to display either one. :)

Sallah

Yup, i agree it looks nice overall i doubt at first time but seeing the 1/6 joker, i think sideshow will do great in this figure

Yeah, suit looks great, even the cape looks nice in all the pics I've seen.

I too dig the cape... and I actually love that they got rid of the plastic neck piece from the prototype. The transition between the cowl and the cape looks much more like the classic comic version like this.

Sallah

that would be sooooo bought.

And should have been the first Bats.

Yeah... Even though I still like the SS version, I debated for quite awhile before taking the plunge. Had it featured the yellow logo and capsule belt like the photoshop though? I would have preordered day one.

Thankfully, it may not be too hard to turn the SS version into that though! :)

Sallah

I'm hoping for this too. But I hope it's different to warrant a purchase. A brand new face sculpt and maybe some different accessories.

Yeah... Even though I still like the SS version, I debated for quite awhile before taking the plunge. Had it featured the yellow logo and capsule belt like the photoshop though? I would have preordered day one.

Thankfully, it may not be too hard to turn the SS version into that though! :)

Sallah

absolutely agree. whilst i'm likely to purchase just about any 1/6 batman figure, a definitive bronze age batman is my most anticipated sideshow release.

surely sideshow cannot ignore a bronze age version for too long?

I'm not ordering Batman until there are some in hand reviews. I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the figure and I really like the short ears. My only concern is the body. Sideshow really needs to improve the quality on the bodies they use. Joker's knees are a mess, Harley has super loose joints, Catwoman has loose joints and has a tendency of breaking at the hip. Crappy body is a deal breaker for me.

Fortunately I haven't had any issues with the bodies of my DC figures and I'm really digging the Hero body look. I'm hoping they develop a slimmer one for Flash though.

Back