SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

Not liking the huge muscular brow either. It's like make up effects when someone turns into a vampire or something.

Hope they fix it.

I have to say that I'm quite disappointed by this Batman so far. It could be the pose, the futzing, the shots, or everything together, but so far I don't like him. At all. This doesn't hold a candle to any of Seb's versions IMO. I know you shouldn't compare customs to official products, but I still expected more.
Oh well, at the least, I can buy some spare gloves to replace the ones on my custom. :)

I cancelled the sh** out of that medicom crap. This poops all over them.

I don't know.
I really like the HS.
IMG_6493.JPG

I HOPE he comes with an unmasked head.
It would be stupid to give Harley one and not batman.
:cuckoo:
I can't see myself ever displaying her with that head.
Or bashing a Quinzel

But Id love a Bruce Wayne

I don't know.
I really like the HS.
IMG_6493.JPG

Or bashing a Quinzel

Really not liking how lumpy the brow looks from this angle. Don't like the wide ears either. Oh well, at least they are making a variety of Batmen. Bound to be one I like eventually!

I don't know.
I really like the HS.
IMG_6493.JPG

Or bashing a Quinzel

I don't know what Sideshow was thinking with that overly stylized head of this and the Batman bust. There is no way an unmasked head can fit the eye placement, and brow shape of that mask AND still look human. Not to mention, the "Gotham's most eligible bachelor billionaire playboy" Bruce Wayne...under that mask...is one hella ugly dude.

I don't know what Sideshow was thinking with that overly stylized head of this and the Batman bust. There is no way an unmasked head can fit the eye placement, and brow shape of that mask AND still look human. Not to mention, the "Gotham's most eligible bachelor billionaire playboy" Bruce Wayne...under that mask...is one hella ugly dude.

:rotfl:rotfl

Apparently , they have the license for the '66 series as well . The site has pics of the Batmobile .

Also why is the mask riding up on his nose? Alfred couldn't tailor the cowl to cover the whole tip? Bruce better call Sterling Archer for advice on crazy ways to punish his manservant for this slight.

Last edited:

I really don't like the wide-spaced eye, old man head sculpt. I actually prefer the oddly scaled 13 inch Batman from DC Direct.

:lol :exactly:

Can you imagine how freakish the face under the cowl must look with the eyes spaced that far apart?! :google :horror

23ign41.jpg

Other than a nicer cape, I'm just not seeing a huge upgrade here. :dunno

The detail and shading in the gloves, cowl and boots? What looks to be much more natural musculature, and no cut joints anywhere? Material for the shorts? Working utility pouches? Paint apps on the face?

Well, the body does seem better, at least it doesnt have the ugly cuts joints on the biceps & thighs that the DCD bodies have...and hopefully they are actually 1/6 scale @ 12", whereas the DCD has +13" tall.

But that mash sculpt is butt ugly at the brow & the eyes are (once again) further apart than my Alfred E. Neuman avatar. :eek:

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

The detail and shading in the gloves, cowl and boots? What looks to be much more natural musculature, and no cut joints anywhere? Material for the shorts? Working utility pouches? Paint apps on the face?

Better paint and outfit, I can agree with.

However, although the cut joints on the DCD figure are annoying, the actual sculpt of the muscles look much more natural to me. The Sideshow figures muscles have an oddly bulbous look.

All I can say is that if this is gonna be up anywhere near HT prices I'm not buying.

So would I. Not for Hot Toys prices. I won't buy Hot Toys for Hot Toys prices.

Maybe the next Batman will be pretty.

batman is more important than any other DC character, so I'll just wait for the price first then I'll decide should i buy it or not.
I believe SS will make another ones right?

the head sculpt it's another issue, i hope they fix it ASAP!!!!

Well they have Figrin D'an @ $100. They have the Tusken Raider @ $135, Boba @ $175 and a few other bad ass pieces in between. All of which I feel 1 ups this quality wise. If he's more than $100-$110, it's strictly based on his importance

Back