SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been begging sideshow to make classic batman since DCD f'd it up royally. They should have known better there DC comics. Cough (sell outs). They make whatever floats warner's boat.

If they only knew nostalgia sells more than modern or film based products they would make more money and not have so many flops in dc sales.

Maybe if sideshow did a classic batman and compaired sales to hot toys TDK and showed this to warner they might get with the program.

even with this catwoman that just got released if they did her purple dress with green cape model it would out sell ann Hathaway and the recently released in one or two months than sales in all yr. I have seen statues of her sell faster in stores than the modern for 2 reasons.

1. modern is all you ever see and it gets boring and you just gloss over them. it's like white noise you may notice at 1st but it becomes invisible after awhile. where as a nostalgia piece gets noticed because you haven't seen it in awhile and you buy it because you don't know when you'll see it again.

2. movie based figures tend to loose there steam after a yr or so unless their like a tim burton film which seems to never loose interest in for some reason. I think it's because his stuff is so gosh darn unusual you just cant stop looking at it. So hot toys will make sales on the BR stuff for sure. I think classic batman stuff from comics might be sideshows big ticket. I don't see the modern stuff over selling them.

Im not making another move on this line until we see the second round of figures and I can be sure this is actually a DC line of figures like it says and not just a Batman line.

Yes they seem awfully slow out of the gate. Hopefully they just don't release the four Batman ones revealed so far and then cancel any future figures.

Even the ones like the Joker and this Batman figure aren't based on one specific artist or run. In my opinion, as a result, they suck.

This is the reason I like them. That they aren't based on one specific artist or run. After seeing so many movie versions and custom DKR versions on the custom board, I like having an, lack for a better word, ultimate version of Batman and the rest. I just want to see the finished Batman and Superman already. Then move on to some other figures from the DCU. I'd kill for a Dr Fate. :blissy

Well batman-verse is my deal I would love to see more of the batman family as well as more villians.

Aside from batman's side.

We are de for a good Wonder Woman and possibly her villain the cheetah or ares.

Id love to see a Barry Allen the flash with maybe captain cold or mirror master

Green Lantern Hal Jordan (non movie) with Sinestro (2 costumes )

Green Arrow and Zatanna would be nice.

Hawkman/girl would be hard and costly with functioning wings w/o real feathers.

Anyone know if his forehead got fixed? It looks so ugly
Assuming you're talking about the original head? Yeah,they fixed it.
Here's the updated sculpt shown at the last SDCC.
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Wed-039.jpg

Does anyone think this will go up for preorder this week during Spooktacular?

Don't go by what I think since I have been wrong too many times.
I thought SS would have shown new 1/6 DC figures last SDCC.
I also thought that Hot Toys would have shown their Arkham Bats and Joker during the last few Cons.
Heck, I was even hoping that Hot Toys would have shown it the day Arkham Origins was released.

Now I am hoping Sideshow's Batman will be up for preorder this week.

Hope this post doesn't jinx it :rotfl

Assuming you're talking about the original head? Yeah,they fixed it.
Here's the updated sculpt shown at the last SDCC.

I understand that they are trying to do the small squinty wide set Jim Lee artwork style eyes, but they can't do it right and it just looks beady...

:exactly:
While I would have preferred the black and grey suit, I would be happy if they went back to the dark blue of the original prototype.

So do I. Also return the sculpted neck. Or hopefully they just make an Arkham Asylum/City Batman.

Yeah, I love the satin dark blue of the proto. A bright blue Batman is so 60's or 70's, yet this figure has a modern costume design. For comic book colorists, blue is the highlight of black, but some Batman pencillers/inkers during that time were too lazy to add black shadows on Batman's cowl and cape, forcing colorists to color them with a solid blue.

Marge Simpson's hair is supposed to be black but they decided to use the comic book tradition of using blue as a highlight for black, until they settled on just using plain blue instead.

I think the flash made this look lighter. I see what people mean that the neck piece must be re-added like it was in proto it looks odd around neck. I think in a dim light room he would look ominous. I'm sick to death of seeing a black suit, it is boring as hell.

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Wed-034.jpg

images

IMG_6493.JPG

I really like the point on the cowl on this it gave definition to cape and neck

Last edited:
Back