SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First no luck getting the plug out of the short ears Bat yet but the other two heads the plug came out very easy. Pull the plug and the eyes will just pop out, sand them with some very light grit paper and then spray with a white of your choice ? I went with a Satin White and just put it all back together and WOW what a difference the fully painted eyes made compared to how they came.

I think I read somewhere that some people were experiencing loose elbow joints. Is there a fix? My bats is beautiful but one of his elbows doens't lock

Thanks for the advice. I tried touching the spot gently with the sticky side of some tape. I tried the wash cloth too (damp wash cloths have solved my collectible problems before!). Sadly, no dice. From side on the fluffy bits look like lumps. It's like the fluff got in while the rubber or whatever it is was drying.

I'd rather not go through the huge headache of a return application for something like this. I wonder if I could just paint over it (Matt black? Gloss black?), or whether a texta (marker?) would do the trick, or whether I would just ruin it ...

Helpdesk is closed for the night. Damn time difference! I guess I'll leave them a message. I have a 'returns' form all ready to go but, though the symbol is such an important part of the figure and draws the eye, I'd rather just ask them for help rather than file a return for something like that. Hope they can tell me how to fix it.

The Harley Quinns had rubber parts on the suits, didn't they? Anyone have any problem with those?
I had a couple of minor issues with my Batman PF, so I contacted customer service for advice. He was very helpful, and I was able to fix it just fine on my own. Also it's probably best to notify them that there is an issue with your figure before you take matters into your own hands.

The bat symbol on the PF is similar to the rubbery material used on this figure. One of the wingtips was not adhered to the costume. I follwed the advice given and was able to glue it down with a tiny drop of Zap a Gap glue.

I had a couple of minor issues with my Batman PF, so I contacted customer service for advice. He was very helpful, and I was able to fix it just fine on my own. Also it's probably best to notify them that there is an issue with your figure before you take matters into your own hands.

The bat symbol on the PF is similar to the rubbery material used on this figure. One of the wingtips was not adhered to the costume. I follwed the advice given and was able to glue it down with a tiny drop of Zap a Gap glue.

Thanks for that ob1ob. I'll see what customer service says. Glad to hear your PF issue could be solved so easily, and nice to hear that Sideshow customer service have a good reputation. I know they can be helpful when there are straightforward replacement issues, because when I had a missing barrel on my Sideshow Joker pistol they sent a replacement pistol out right away. Great to hear they offer tips to help customers make small but important fixes themselves, too.

Now I just have to decide whether I conscientiously leave Batman in the box until I hear back from them or whether I get it out and have fun posing it, figuring I'll fix the small issue one way or another further down the track. Each minute that passes makes it harder to leave it in the box ...

A lot of the poses on here look great. The solid black of the symbol really sells what is a great figure. Hopefully a dab or two of something will get mine looking spick and span. Otherwise, maybe I'll just display it in my shadowiest corner ... suits the character, anyway!

My only complaint about this figure is the cover of the base image! So I did some sketches! What do you think guys? I will work on them and if anyone is interested, just message me:) I don't know the exact dimensions of the base so if anyone gives me, it will be appreciated:)

k9vEiER.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that picture looks nice..... I'm like at 50% of getting it and nearly tipping over to 51%... the figure definitely looks much better than SSC's first round of pics. He looks much better under darker lighting. This picture is really leaving me teetering on the edge of a purchase...

20140924_155600_zpsf2d52feb.jpg~original

damn mate, gonna steal that pose. its awesome ...

damn mate, gonna steal that pose. its awesome ...

No problem. The cape hangs so well I had to do this pose. This is seriously the most pleased I have been with a 1/6th figure despite having a couple QC issues out of the box. It's just an amazing piece that has me super tempted to buy the rest of SSC's DC offerings.

Here is another angle. It looks like fluff that can be brushed off, but I tried a very tentative brushing with the finger after taking these photos and it made no difference. It is like the fluff is embedded in the rubber. You can see from this photo that it arrived with one of the pouches on the left side of the utility belt opened too, but I expect I should be able to fix that easily enough myself with fabric glue. There is a small hole in the leg of the suit, too, like someone stuck a pin through it, but that is not a major issue.

Could it just be fluff stuck very firmly to the rubber on the symbol? Would there be a way of getting that off without damaging the whole bat symbol, do you think? Or should I just put my hands up in the air and contact Sideshow help? It's very noticeable. The bat symbol is one of the first things you look at.

Hey...mine looked like this, but not as bad. I used a Q tip w/ a little water and was able to get it off! Still annoying though.

Don't post as much as I should, considering I am constantly looking on this site. Here is mine. I had a couple of QC issues right out of the box...the sticky residue/fluff on the symbol(was able to get it off), some tags in the suit(but, not as bad as the 66 Batman..seems to be a better fabric and you can kind of press them out). Also had a little glue residue on the inside cape seams. Other then that, its a really fun figure!

bats.JPG

Okay been messing with bats today and loved the look of the repainted eye mod - but I was unable to get them out as my inner plugs must have really been glued down. So I end up just painting them in the head with a little wicker white with a drop of metallic white mixed in for good measure. Afterward I hit them with a little Futura Floor Wax to get just the amount of shine I wanted...but after looking at them awhile I took my long ear version and touched up around the lids with a nice gloss black then dry brushed a flat black in the sockets...lightly dry brushed so a lot of the original blue comes through, just adding shadow for depth. After liking how it turned out I did my other two heads the same way...with a little darker shadow in the eye sockets of my short ear head. Then I looked at the belt which mine hung on my figure a little to big...so I shorten it by 1/4 inch then looking at it again I took the foam pouches out so I still have the fabric belt with the pouches without Bats look like he is running around with a belt full of yellow marshmallows. The weathering is already on the belt right from the box so I didn't need to do anything else. Now I just keep looking at it like a little kid. God, I hope they make a Robin to go with him. BTW the head stands I'm using are actually trading card stands...they are cheap and clear...if you twist a little bit of masking tape at the top any head can fit on them and allow you to showcase them in your display without just laying a head on the floor of your stand. Take Care ~ Jase

bat mod 1.jpgbat mod 2.jpgbat mod 3.jpgbat mod 4.jpgbat mod 5.jpg

Back