SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been playing with him since yesterday. He's close to being awesome. The cape is great, love the suit and boots. The cowls are nice.

The faces sculpts are ok but they are puffy looking, and the coloring is gross. Leave it to SS and their nasty flesh tones. At least it isn't their typical melted peach crayon they've used (globbed on )for years. They are greenish/dead looking. I'm going to buy another one and dirty/rip suit and cape and use damage cowl and angry face and make a zombie Bats.

20140925_131349_zps3bgwmzi_edit_1411676989893_zpsvdtztpqd.jpg
[/URL]

can SSC batman ride the bat pod or fit in the 89 batmobile?

I typically have a great deal of patience when it comes to waiting for a new figure to arrive; this being said, I have been looking forward to this version of Bats to arrive since the day he went up for pre-order. You can imagine my salivation level as he was scheduled to arrive today. You can also imagine my disappointment when I came home from work to find out UPS had screwed up the delivery....:thud:

I just love this guy, can not put him down . Even more so after the body swap,
Just a couple of more photos of how great this figure is ..well done SSC

photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Got mine today, really a winner for Sideshow. Good superhero body, suit is nicely done, one of the best factory capes I've seen. I didn't like the stock belt so I'm using the Medicom Jim Lee belt with a little paint touch up. Got my money's worth, no complaints. Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

SS Batman 800.jpg

Hey...mine looked like this, but not as bad. I used a Q tip w/ a little water and was able to get it off! Still annoying though.

Thanks for that, sharperthenstones! The Q-tip trick made a huge difference. Where tape and a wash cloth failed, Q-tip got it done. I felt comfortable going extra hard with the Q-tip. There are still a few specks there, but you can only see them up close. Whereas yesterday I was a but glum, leaving my Batman in the box, today I'm having a heap of fun and enjoying the figure properly. People on these boards are great. Every little problem I've had, board members have been able to fix.

Time for the obligatory photos, then! I'm running out of space. Figures are already scattered around the room, and I wanted the Batman on my desk, so ...

I apologise for the dust. Every week I've got to get the duster out! I have enough figures now that soon I'll have to start forking out for the display cases. Incidentally, the knight is an action figure of me.

I am officially no longer a 1/4 scale snob. Mine came into today and WOW! I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and get him. Now to round up the rest of the 1/6 Gothamites and here is hoping for a Nightwing and a Two-Face.

What body did you use?

Its the Hot toys roadblock muscle body , all the articulation I wanted (double elbow joints) with the same bulky beefy frame.
I plan to use the hot toys Superman ( man of steel) for the SSC superman once he is out n about

Damn he looks good with that new body. The SSC looks great, too. If I had to venture a guess I would say the DX10 Terminator body or the General Zod body, which are pretty much the same body.

thanks mate Yeah I like the size and feel , plus like I said I don't sacrifice any articulation , you actually gain some , and everything fits really well

thanks mate Yeah I like the size and feel , plus like I said I don't sacrifice any articulation , you actually gain some , and everything fits really well

Looks nice. Did you have any problems with the suit ripping when you put it on the HT body. How easy was it to sew back on

Looks nice. Did you have any problems with the suit ripping when you put it on the HT body. How easy was it to sew back on
No the suit is surprisingly flexible yet strong , ( more than I thought it would be ) if you look at the back of Bat's you will see a small section below his neck and above his lower back that seems to be sewn "differently" than the rest of the suit. That is the section I picked open, enough for him to keep the neck pce un touched and he can slid it over the neck and shoulders with out causing any damage
Its like SSC almost did it on purpose that way with the sewing? because it came apart relatively easy , but then didn't "run" anywhere else along the stitching , just stopped nicely ( it must be how they dress them )

The Medicom comic figures are sewn into their suits as was the HT 2 in 1 Superman Returns figure. But somewhere the seams are different from the others. I always imagined that was the close up point but I never got my mind around how the sealed up the suit.

I had a sneaking suspicion you used the Roadblock body. The arms are longer and the torso seems less squat than the Arnold body. It looks really good.

No the suit is surprisingly flexible yet strong , ( more than I thought it would be ) if you look at the back of Bat's you will see a small section below his neck and above his lower back that seems to be sewn "differently" than the rest of the suit. That is the section I picked open, enough for him to keep the neck pce un touched and he can slid it over the neck and shoulders with out causing any damage
Its like SSC almost did it on purpose that way with the sewing? because it came apart relatively easy , but then didn't "run" anywhere else along the stitching , just stopped nicely ( it must be how they dress them )

Hmm so you didn't have to sewn anything back

Back