SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, no hard styrofoam piece, it did have a soft foam (the kind it's wrapped in) wrapped around it there but there's no way it would help support it in anyway. It did have quality control inspection stickers and stamps all over it.

Same problem as the others then. Someone needs to get fired in the sweatshop.

Yes, no hard styrofoam piece, it did have a soft foam (the kind it's wrapped in) wrapped around it there but there's no way it would help support it in anyway. It did have quality control inspection stickers and stamps all over it.

Man their QC fails, every broken one I've seen so far was missing the hard styrofoam.

What is the easiest fix for Vader? I haven't messed with him, but I think it might be a good idea.

I started a thread a few months back on how I was able to trim about half an inch off Vader's height & bring him in better proportion to the Sideshow's other 1/6 SW figures. It basically requires swapping his abdominal piece with a smaller one from the Prometheus armor body that I took from a Stormtrooper figure & padding it up with some thick electric tape.

picture.php

I describe it in detail, along with pics of every step of the way, at https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77079&highlight=shorten+vader&page=2

It was also suggested this may work using the abdomen from the non-armored Prometheus as well. I just wasn't willing to take another figure apart to find out.

Your method seems the best and I've saved your tutorial already.

But what's the pic above showing? Original height or new height? Not sure what I'm looking at for comparison.

It's too bad reading about these broken Thrones...

.... And I'm not sure I'd compare anything to the Indy line. I don't think Sideshow had their heart in it after ROTLA Indy.

I thought Henry Jones was one of the best figures in that line...great sculpt, paint, tailoring, those glasses...real fine job there...

I don't think even Raiders Indy was up to their par, after hobbits and Clone Obi-Wan, the Indy felt like a step backwards.

WOW. I gotta disagree with you there. It may not be the high-brow level of an HT figure, but that Indy figure is great....one of my all-time favorites. He is geared up to the max, has a great outfit, two heads...I'm hard-pressed to think of many figures I've photographed more or still enjoy....but to each their own, I guess.

Back on topic...hope to see some more "in hand" shots of Palps in here soon...

Received mine.. no issues. The QC sticker had been broken.. and then retaped. Was it verified and reinforced by sideshow? or did I get someones return.. whos to say.

Currently Mr. Bean is sitting in the throne keeping it warm.

Emperor arrives tomorrow, and now the Throne arrives on Friday. Likely pics on Saturday.

I never had high expectations on the normal head, and the pics posted really make me like it even less. I'll be starting on a replacement immediately.

Your method seems the best and I've saved your tutorial already.

But what's the pic above showing? Original height or new height? Not sure what I'm looking at for comparison.

That's Vader's customized height, which comes to 13 3/4" by my measurement (or what about 6' 10" comes to at 1/6 scale).

mine is at shipping soon for both the Ex and the Throne.
Thanks to SSs' awesome customer service i used a gift card to knock the price down a heap on the Throne!!
All this talk of broken Thrones has me worried,but with both items shipping together im hoping that will secure it for the journey to OZ.
no doubts now i will not get mine til early next week.

Is the chair supposed to swivel? It's hard to tell how it was supposed to work, I just see a screw that looks like it was supposed to go up into a bunch of hard white goo.

Back