1/6 SSC 1:6 Batman - Gotham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

They are all nicely done in my opinion, especially Harley and batman

I think they're all pretty great too. I'm still dissatified with the choice of body for Superman but having it in hand it definitely a lot better. However I have sculpted larger muscles on him like Coco and EF did. looks even better now. I've got a spare "neutral" mouth piece from SS first Batman to go with this Gotham Knight version.

Agreed! figures look a lot better in hand as well :)

still debating on whether i should get new underwear for supes....

I concur with what's been said above, Superman is a nice figure in hand. In fact the first five figures where all well done. They were all interpretations but still remained stylistically faithful to the comics. Green Lantern though looks like he's from a different line and I very much dislike the suit material they went with.

I've seen a lot of negative comments from Marvel fans towards the SSC figure previews... mostly towards Woverine (which I think looks great).
I don't think it's that Marvel movies are popular meaning they're more popular – it's purely down to poor DC figures and the price hike, and like i've said, the sad thing is that the problems are small and could easily have been put right - but SSC don't seem to want to listen to their customers feedback... especially when it's constructive!

If sideshow would just follow the philosophy my math teacher gave me. K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid ). With flash and green lantern they tried to make them pop like a bad disco ball on a dance floor for hip hop

It narrows down to costume and options for accessories. Keep costume simple, accessories typical. It may seem drab and boring from a sales point but simplicity sells. Even Gabriella Chanel knew that.

I'm afraid i might screw up the belt when removing it and bad stitching. :lol That's why im still debating on whether i NEED to have it replaced... It doesnt look bad, but it doesn't look perfect either. :sigh i'm 60/40 on doing it...

I'm excited for the figure.... With so many different versions of these characters out there, they're trying to please everyone. Unfortunately, that can sometimes please nobody. Personally, I like the long ears sculpt.... It really reminds me of Bernie Wrightson's work in the late 80s/early 90s.

I'm excited for the figure.... With so many different versions of these characters out there, they're trying to please everyone. Unfortunately, that can sometimes please nobody. Personally, I like the long ears sculpt.... It really reminds me of Bernie Wrightson's work in the late 80s/early 90s.

I'm with you. So far, I've enjoyed all of Sideshow's DC 1/6 figures. This and Green Lantern are two of my most wanted upcoming purchases, and whenever Flash goes up he will be a day one preorder for me. I've been wanting DC and Marvel comic versions in 1/6 scale for years now, so the Sideshow lines have kinda been a dream come true for me. I'm really hoping they reveal a couple new figures for this line at NYCC though, it feels like forever since they last announced a figure for this line and I'm still holding out hope for Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and a ton of other figures from this line.

I haven't received any updates. I'm trying to be patient. Trying....

I just now got my "shipping soon" email from SSC on this. It says it'll be in their warehouse within 2-4 weeks due to the Long Beach Port issues. Payment will be charged soon as well.

Really excited to get this guy into his place on my rooftop scene with Gordon, Bullock and the Signal.

Got mine too. Do they usually wait to charge for when its ready to ship to you?

I just now got my "shipping soon" email from SSC on this. It says it'll be in their warehouse within 2-4 weeks due to the Long Beach Port issues. Payment will be charged soon as well.

Really excited to get this guy into his place on my rooftop scene with Gordon, Bullock and the Signal.

I'd like to see that.

Nice! I haven't received that email yet, but I just preordered mine a month or so ago.

Back