SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Forbidden Planet today and made an impulse buy with this little guy, it was pretty cheap compared to ordering from SS for me.
While I escaped QC issues on the recent Darth Vader set, I seem to have paid for it with this. The body is completely jacked. One leg off completely, cracked plastic. All the joints bent the wrong way and forced into the costume, one arm doesn't move at all with a broken warped plastic seam.
What a piece of junk. Well the one I got anyway. Guess I will have to ring f. Planet and see what they can do for me. Any other reports like this?
:(

Sorry to hear. I was getting ready to pick one up for the right price. I'm pretty sure that a lot of the QC problems had to do with body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Rorywan.

I have had this figure for a few weeks now (he has been in the same pose) but to me he seemed fine but I did get the impression that he would become very loose when posed a lot.

I don't know if anyone else has had the problems that you have as I was late to this thread so I'm sure someone will have had your experience with Master Yoda.

You should probably get an exchange anyways.

I have both the Yoda Mentor and Yoda Master versions, and they are both beautiful figures which pose well with my other SW's figures. I think Yoda is a must for a decent SW display.

I was in Forbidden Planet today and made an impulse buy with this little guy, it was pretty cheap compared to ordering from SS for me.
While I escaped QC issues on the recent Darth Vader set, I seem to have paid for it with this. The body is completely jacked. One leg off completely, cracked plastic. All the joints bent the wrong way and forced into the costume, one arm doesn't move at all with a broken warped plastic seam.
What a piece of junk. Well the one I got anyway. Guess I will have to ring f. Planet and see what they can do for me. Any other reports like this?
:(

Jesus.....

What a mess. Sorry to hear it. Do you think it was used? Joints are bent the wrong way, that sounds like something someone not familiar with with these figures would do.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Thanks gents. Didn't look used when I opened it. But I guess anything is possible.
Don't u just hate it when an impulse buy goes bad. :(

Yes indeed, it is most frustrating when you buy something on impulse and it ends up lemon-scented. Not fun...

I've also had this figure for a while...switch it up display-wise now and again (although it's been the same for a while considering a certain dark lord is grabbing my attention a lot these days...love that Vader)...but I've had no issues with Yoda. Poses well, hands n' feet swap out okay and poses/stays posed pretty well. Have to wonder if fiend's on to something there...maybe that figure had been opened and handled already...go give FP some greif, Rorywan...hopefully they'll help you out.

I've been scanning thru this thread and it appears this is a pretty good figure and worth the $100 price tag. I may grab this from SSC since they still have him in stock. Anything as far as QC issues I would need to be aware of with this guy?

I've been scanning thru this thread and it appears this is a pretty good figure and worth the $100 price tag. I may grab this from SSC since they still have him in stock. Anything as far as QC issues I would need to be aware of with this guy?

Anything can go wrong with this one really.. People had broken bodies, broken limbs, paint chips, eyes positioned wrong, parts missing from the box, ... :/ Luckily mine came perfect though.

I just ordered one from SS using the $25.00 coupon they offered this month. It will be in my hands on Monday. Hope its fine.

How is this guy in hand? Is the skin finish as glossy as it appears in some pics? Can a flat clear coat be applied, or would it ruin it?

Back