SS Marvel Statues: Which Ones will Withstand the Test of Time and Finance?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batman29

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I got to thinking the other day (yes, there was a burning smell):

Are there any Marvel statues made by Sideshow which will withstand the test of time and hold their value by at least twice the price SS originally sold the statue for?

The tricky thing here, as we know and have seen, when a new piece comes out of an existing sculpt, the existing one tends to come down in price.

I think there will be some which will still hold their value regardless by at least twice the price which SS originally sold the statue for.

Here are the Marvel statues I think will fall in this category:

1. The Incredible Hulk PF Exclusive

2. The Incredible Hulk PF

3. Dr. Doom PF Exclusive

4. Dr. Doom PF

5. Captain America PF Exclusive first one

6. Captain America PF first one

7. Spider-Man PF Exclusive

8. Spider-Man PF

Are there any Marvel statues made by Sideshow which will withstand the test of time and hold their value by at least twice the price SS originally sold the statue for?

The tricky thing here, as we know and have seen, when a new piece comes out of an existing sculpt, the existing one tends to come down in price.

I think there will be some which will still hold their value regardless by at least twice the price which SS originally sold the statue for.

3. Dr. Doom PF Exclusive

4. Dr. Doom PF

8. Spider-Man PF

All of those should still hold 2-3 times retail value easily.

3. Dr. Doom PF Exclusive

4. Dr. Doom PF

8. Spider-Man PF

golly and i own each one even both spidey pf exclusives..aside from hot pants cap..

lets go ahead and add vanom 1:1 to that ( which i also own)

Hi Greg!

Good to see you still posting on the forum. I completely agree with your list, especially since I have been looking for Spidey PF for the longest time and it easily goes for 3x the original value.

Hi Greg!

Good to see you still posting on the forum. I completely agree with your list, especially since I have been looking for Spidey PF for the longest time and it easily goes for 3x the original value.

Hi Chris :wave

Had to take an haitas for a while as we go behind in our writing. Finished the last major project for this year. Two days after finishing I seeked out my favourite forums to post.

Gambit PF, since there probably won't be another PF or FS 1:2 made. Gambit PF is also the best X-PF made. Just possibly a smaller 1:5 scale comiquette.

Top Picks
1. Gambit PF
2. Spiderman comiquette
3. Warmachine maquette
4. Ironman maquette

Spidey comiquette is another good bet but there will always be more Spidey's made. The comiquette prices may hit a ceiling when they release an open edition $2,000 LSF. The Spidey comiquette will continue to narrow the gap on the Spidy PF and probably eventually eclipse and surpass it. Since the exclusive is just a print, I don't see a huge gap between the Ex and Reg editions like Doom Ex PF.

Warmachine will definitely go up since they may not produce another in 1/4 scale.

Ironman Maquette will keep going up in price unless they make another. Even so, that pose and light up is hard to surpass.

Doom PF price also may hit a ceiling because of the upcoming open edition Doom LSF.

Stuff that won't go up very soon are LSFs which are open edition since they will be readily available direct from Sideshow for quite a while.

They may also make multiples of the more popular characters which will drop their prices.

Hulk and Doom.

Sideshow quality was at it peak then and will never again be matched.

I'd say:

Doom PF/EX

Hulk PF/EX

Cap PF/EX

Thor PF/EX

Venom 1/1

Hulk vs Spider-Man diorama(EX)/ Gray Hulk vs Spider-Man

X-Men vs Sentinel #1 EX

There are probably more but I think those are some of the best ones out there

I'm surprise the Cap EX hasn't hit $2k yet. It has by far the best exclusive parts then any other statues made so far.

I'm surprise the Cap EX hasn't hit $2k yet. It has by far the best exclusive parts then any other statues made so far.

Cap PF EX was my first PF and when I bought it last year for 700$ I thought it was awfully expensive :monkey1

Man-thing, Venom and Skaar are potential mega grail.But not yet.

Skaar is a great statue but I don't think the character is popular enough to justify a price point any higher than 1K

Back