SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

How long have u been waiting for conversion?

Quite a while but the newsletter this week has this piece on waitlist call up so many should be getting the good news.

As for mine, I cancelled today. :sick

Purely financial reasons apply.

my excl converted today! woohooo!

placed on the waiting list on 15th july 09

congrats, you got me beat by about 18 days:(

There will be plenty of cancellations on this one, you can either take your chances or snag one from a Freak before he or she cancels theirs.

I hope so:naughty I'll just stay on the waitlist for now. I did have the Reg conversion so I'm happy about that:cool:

Glad you guys are getting your's! I guess some people are cancelling because they can't wait that long.

Glad you guys are getting your's! I guess some people are cancelling because they can't wait that long.

Well, if that's the case I'd rather say they are not really interested in the piece imo. A different matter is that thay can find it cheaper elsewhere or that they find this exclusive not necessary at all, but cancelling becasuse of the long wait? Never!

Well, if that's the case I'd rather say they are not really interested in the piece imo. A different matter is that thay can find it cheaper elsewhere or that they find this exclusive not necessary at all, but cancelling becasuse of the long wait? Never!

Believe me, it happens. I've seen people post such things.

This is the only PF I have on order right now so I'll gladly wait.

Hmm, think I was happy too early.

The Processing Status will remain till first Q2010, I assume, and then it will be shipped out. :crying

Is this one of those non-likeness deals? Like the Sigourney Weaver thing? It's pretty weak. I wont be getting it unless Gimli comes along one day, then maybe I'll hunt down Legolas later.

Is this one of those non-likeness deals? Like the Sigourney Weaver thing? It's pretty weak. I wont be getting it unless Gimli comes along one day, then maybe I'll hunt down Legolas later.

:confused: I don't have a clue what you're talking about, nor do I suspect, does anyone else around here. This is easily the best Orlando Bloom likeness.......ever. I think it might be time you consider getting glasses. :rolleyes:

Should have gone to specsavers!

I think the Lego on the Legimarod statue is the best so far. I haven't seen the PF in person so from in-hand expertise, that statue is top quality.

It's gonna be another 'Facegate' as with Galadriel I think. There will be those who love it and those that hate it.:dunno

It's the old chestnut of how you visualise a relatively unaltered human face as opposed to a prostheticaly enhanced one. I doubt there will be any complaints about 'likeness' if SS do make a Gimli seeing as he is not 'real' and we subconciously accept the flaws.

I guess so. I am lining up the PF pics with movie images trying to make sense of it. You know the likeness in a lot of ways is there, the blunt replication of facial features. What is entirely missing is the character. Heres an example of what I am talking about:

Hi I'm Legolas a quick, cunning, agile warrior about to kill 43 orcs! Two Towers FTW!
xf6lo4.jpg

Hi I'm not very smart, I am extremely calm almost to the point of looking bored, my arrow is half nocked and pointed at the ground for some reason, and I am not angry or anything just looking at the sky contemplating something. BTW orc skull tossed at my feet exclusive in a poor attempt to cater to people who wanted some action :rolleyes:.
zuoyro.jpg

Consider why so many people arent happy with GTW, and really want a GTG that pretty much sums up why I dont care for this PF. Just like I am very happy with my Aragorn and would never buy a King Elessar. This is a decent Legolas but I would have preferred more intensity. And a cloak :huh .

It's gonna be another 'Facegate' as with Galadriel I think. There will be those who love it and those that hate it.:dunno

It's the old chestnut of how you visualise a relatively unaltered human face as opposed to a prostheticaly enhanced one. I doubt there will be any complaints about 'likeness' if SS do make a Gimli seeing as he is not 'real' and we subconciously accept the flaws.

I don't think so Dave. The majority of collectors started complaining about the Claire Danes as Galadriel PF from day one and that has never changed. We've seen images of Legolas now since Feb. and other than one person complaining about the likeness, ridiculously suggesting this to be another Sigourney Weaver :rolleyes: [ a likeness which SS deliberately tried not to re-create BTW], it's pretty well universally accepted as the best Orlando Bloom ever. And as evidenced from the photo below, clearly with very good reason. :monkey5

zuoyro.jpg

Really? By who? I don't think that photo looks like OB. Shall we have a vote? ;)

And Im pretty sure in 106 pages Im not the only one. Of course theres no way Im going through them all so I'll take Woodys word, Im the only one!

-snip-
it's pretty well universally accepted as the best Orlando Bloom ever. And as evidenced from the photo below, clearly with very good reason. :monkey5

And theres no sense arguing with a guy who does the tongue-out-drooling emote over Orlando Bloom. Might as well try to argue over which magazine is better Teen Beat or Seventeen! OMG This month who is teh hawtest Vampire?!?!

(I'm admittedly trolling Woodsy now :rotfl we all know Seventeen is better!)

Back