SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had a custom cloak made for this PF? I think Legolas looks more badass with his Elven Cloak (even more so with the leather pauldrons but let's not get greedy).

Can the leather straps for the quiver be removed (so only small holes in the cloak need be done)? If not, has anyone tried making an opening the size of the quiver on a cloak?

I recently moved, and must have somehow misplaced the arrow that comes with this PF, so am in desperate need for a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone has a spare, I'd be willing to pay a fair price for one. Any help will be rewarded, thanks!

I do not like to use superglue because it seems like over time it gets dry and brittle. Then snap, you have to fix it again.

2 part epoxy will be your friend.

Post pics when you are done!

Please tell us how the surgery went...

Okay, I went with the superglue. After applying the glue, I had quite a job trying to get the two halves of the arrow shaft to lineup correctly :banghead. After several attempts I managed it :yess:. I cleaned up the join filled any flaws and painted. I was very happy with the result :yess:. You would never know it had ever been broken. After quite a long time I, in my wisdom, decided to change the head of the arrow :lecture. I managed to pare it down to how I wanted it :yess:, but just as I came to finish it I managed somehow to break the shaft yet again, right on the join where it was glued (darn superglue) :slap Now I can't get it back together again :slap. I just can't be bothered to face all those alinement issues I had the first time round. I'm afraid I didn't take a shot of the repair before I broke it again...sorry. Now my plan of action is to make a new shaft from something (not sure what yet) and glue the arrow head and flights to that. I'll make sure to take a pic this time.

Just curious - anyone else's Legolas have some fraying right along the brown fabric line on his shoulders/biceps? Mine arrived with fraying and I just carefully snipped the threads away, but now you can see some black poking through where the brown fabric originally was - I guess it's black underneath. In some photos I see, the line where the two fabrics - green and brown - meet is a perfect straight line. In others, the brown fabric is bubbling up slightly. On my Legolas' right arm everything is fine. On the left there was the bubbling and slight fraying. It won't get any worse, so it's not a big deal.

Just curious - anyone else's Legolas have some fraying right along the brown fabric line on his shoulders/biceps? Mine arrived with fraying and I just carefully snipped the threads away, but now you can see some black poking through where the brown fabric originally was - I guess it's black underneath. In some photos I see, the line where the two fabrics - green and brown - meet is a perfect straight line. In others, the brown fabric is bubbling up slightly. On my Legolas' right arm everything is fine. On the left there was the bubbling and slight fraying. It won't get any worse, so it's not a big deal.
No 2 are exactly the same. I have had 2 Lurtz, Berserker, etc... next to each other(other lines too, not just LOTR) and you would not believe how different they can be, paint and clothing both.

Care to sell one of either? :D

I already sold my EX Lurtz about a year ago and kept the regular one. I have been tossing around the idea of doing a custom berserker with my regular like the torch carrier in the movie to go with my EX. It does not have a box, so I would probably not want to ship him anyway.

I have been tossing around the idea of doing a custom berserker with my regular like the torch carrier in the movie to go with my EX.

That is a great idea 67L88Stingray :idea, would look fantastic :rock. Hope you get round to doing it one day :pray:...I would love to see how it turned out. :monkey5

Back