SS EXC: Count Dooku Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
These are normally allowed at 3 per order when buying direct from ACME. On top of that, other retailers also offer them for sale. That's why 750 to 1,000 always sell out reasonably fast.

At 2 per customer with a 1250 limit these may last as long as Mace Windu.

Correct. If SS offers 3 then I would buy for the shipping price will be shared between 3 and I might sell the other 2 and save my shipping money
but at 2 I passed and it will take some time to sell imo

I ended up ordering this for myself to hang in my classroom something to spice it up. I like Dooku as a character and love how Lee played him.

Gran3131 said:
Some moran already has one on ebay for $45.
Excpet someone will buy it even though its still available from sideshow. No one ever said some of the people on ebay are to smart. You see items that are brand new got for much more then you can buy them retail all the time. A lot of people think that because its on ebay its a better deal.

mfoga said:
Excpet someone will buy it even though its still available from sideshow. No one ever said some of the people on ebay are to smart. You see items that are brand new got for much more then you can buy them retail all the time. A lot of people think that because its on ebay its a better deal.

my brother got one JUST so he could put it up on ebay when he gets it. Hey, I'm sure people will buy it. If I didn't want it for myself, mine would be up on ebay as well.

I wonder how many people bought extra just to try and sell? I love the keys and am happy SS is distributing them, makes it one less place to look for SW stuff! But I have been thinking about this one here and why it has not sold out eariler?

Darth Robbler said:
I wonder how many people bought extra just to try and sell? I love the keys and am happy SS is distributing them, makes it one less place to look for SW stuff! But I have been thinking about this one here and why it has not sold out eariler?

Higher ES perhaps? I think this looks to be one of the best so far though. I'm sure with the prices the earlier ones have gone for we'll be seeing quite a few of these on ebay.

attackoftheclonesd124vr9.jpg

I once caught a fish... THIS BIG!!!

Darth Rage said:
Higher ES perhaps? I think this looks to be one of the best so far though. I'm sure with the prices the earlier ones have gone for we'll be seeing quite a few of these on ebay.
I think too many are jumping on the Ebay band wagon with this one thinking they'll get the higher prices that the early ones are fetching. It is truly an outstanding piece IMO. I love these and am happy I got started early on with Yoda!

I bought one for myself and one for my brother...he end up not wanting it, so now I can either pay and get it and sell it on ebay, or cancel the order.

Is there a cancellation fee for these?

Since I really didn't mean to get 2 of them I don't mind selling my 2nd on ebay;but do you think they will be going above cost on evil bay?

I think these will still sell over cost on ebay. There are only 250 more of these than Grievous and Yoda and look what those two sell for. I think when all is said and done they will probably sell in the $40.00-$60.00 range.

Think im going to cancel, too much of a hassel. But when I see them selling on ebay for $100 in 5 months, I'm going to hunt your down SolidLiquidFox.

This does seem like a turning point piece in the line, comparable to the ROTS Vader and ESB Yoda busts in the Gentle Giant line. (In that they sense an upswing in popularity and respond by increasing edition size.) By now, everybody knows how much they can go up in value, and all of the investors are jumping on board at precisely the time when they increase the edition size and make them the easiest yet to obtain. Sidious was hard to get and very limited and so he tripled in value. Dooku was easy to get and they made more than double that of Sidious. Therefore, I also predict a flood on eBay at retail and not much higher--this will be the first piece that doesn't immediately go up in value.

But after their poor handling of Sidious, I am out of this line anyway and wish you all the best of luck!

This does seem like a turning point piece in the line, comparable to the ROTS Vader and ESB Yoda busts in the Gentle Giant line. (In that they sense an upswing in popularity and respond by increasing edition size.) By now, everybody knows how much they can go up in value, and all of the investors are jumping on board at precisely the time when they increase the edition size and make them the easiest yet to obtain. Sidious was hard to get and very limited and so he tripled in value. Dooku was easy to get and they made more than double that of Sidious. Therefore, I also predict a flood on eBay at retail and not much higher--this will be the first piece that doesn't immediately go up in value.

But after their poor handling of Sidious, I am out of this line anyway and wish you all the best of luck!

congerking said:
Think im going to cancel, too much of a hassel. But when I see them selling on ebay for $100 in 5 months, I'm going to hunt your down SolidLiquidFox.

I'll make sure to hide the week they go up. :lol

Siriously though, here's a quick copy and paste of my reasoning why these may not move that well from my post at rebelscum:

Grievous, Arc Captain, Mace and Dooku are not must have characters in the SW saga. In fact, all main characters have been done already. Grievous and the ARC Captain are doing well because Grievous is scarce and one of the first while the other is scarce at 750 and everyone loves clones. The fact that there are maquettes for both of these helps also. Mace is okay but the unimaginative key design makes it an easy pass for some as reflected on ebay prices.

Dooku at 1250 will flood the market when people that bought doubles put theirs up. Don't get me wrong, this is the nicest key around by far. However, I doubt that this key went to 800 individual collectors much less 1250. Most people probably bought doubles which means that the perceived quick expansion of the line (1 week sellout) is artificial. How many of these are being held back for replacements and for ACME themselves?

I think some people decided to try out this key but I don't see the same level of excitement from other boards as I see in here when we follow these. Also, we will never know how availability is for these since the Wait List for Sideshow works in such a secretive way. There is nowhere else to get this key for us to judge demand. I may be completely wrong but that's my view on it. Collectibility is almost as important on these as the key design itself. I hope they protect the future of the line. Short of an Asajj key (She's a Sith and there is a maquette for her) the line may slow down a bit.

tomandshell said:

since you are out, you don't happen to have any of the older characters do you?

Back