SS EXC: Count Dooku Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the one I was hoping for the most! This one or a Kit Fisto Character Key. :chew

Was kinda hoping for a PPO instead of this way. Now I have to set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to get this one (since it will probably sell out pretty fast I won't have a choice).
Since it was never an issue before, does anyone know at what time the newsletter gets posted on thursday.:confused:

Hi Everyone,

Let me shed a little light on these. Since I know alot about them. These are all of the keys Acme produced so far.

Yoda C3 Exclusive Character Key 1000 Pieces
General Grievous SDCC 2005 Exclusive Character Key 1000 Pieces
General Kenobi SWS.com Exclusive Character Key 750 Pieces
Mace Windu Character Key 1000 Pieces
Padme Amidala SWS.com Exclusive Character Key 750 Pieces
Arc Captain Razor's Edge Collectibles Exclusive Character Key 750 Pieces
Darth Sidious SDCC 2006 Exclusive Character Key 500 Pieces
Anakin Skywalker Character Key 1000 Pieces
Count Dooku Character Key 1250 Pieces

All of the new keys are going to be priced at $30.00 retail. I'm also guessing by the Dooku edition size, they will all be raised to 1250 pieces. I believe there will be another Character Key being announced at the end of this month. I believe it's another one from Sideshow. I know of a Durge. It may be him.

As for the keys themselves, they are all 6 x 8 and the artwork is approximately 4" x 6". All Edition numbers are printed on a metal plaque and certificate of authenticity from Lucasfilm included with each Key.

These were originally sold to a specific collector. Over the last year, the popularity along with the secondary market price has skyrocketed on them.
Sideshow should do very well with these and who ever else may get another exclusive down the road.

Thanks,
Mike

Darth Loki said:
Dammit CK, I gotta agree with you hear too. At least to play catch up, I can get both the Jedi and Sith Giclees for cheaper than the Greivous and Padme.

where can you get the Jedi/Sith Giclees for cheap? I would LOVE that !!

I think it all depends on what you think is cheap. This has been my problem with gettinsg some of the older keys. Currently I have not paid $90 for the Arc Giclee or $180 on the Obi sericell. With that said it has been hard for me to justify spending $100-200 on some of the older keys. I would like to get all of the older keys but that is going to take some money and I do like the giclees better. However, all of Acme's products are great.

congerking said:
where can you get the Jedi/Sith Giclees for cheap? I would LOVE that !!

Cheap is a relative term. I mean for size and value to me. They are $89 from whoever has them but shipping is free.

I know for a fact our good buddy Mike and Razor's Edge still has these for order. I have both on order and can't wait to get these. I think they're 19x13", which makes it a lot bigger than the keys. I love the keys and at $30 I would've gotten them all. But I'm not going to pay $600 for the 6 I need to catch up on! They are not that cool and not even close to worth that much to me.

These remind me of the little stats on the back of old transformer packaging.

Strength 5
Speed 3
Intelligence 2

:D

Collector Freak said:
The giclees are so much nicer than these. And much bigger, too. I wish ACME would stop ignoring that part of their fan base.

They are actually a much better value for your money than the character keys. I think the keys have the trading cards/action figures collectible factor and that's why they are so popular. Not to mention the GG maquette correlation. The giclees are more limited, bigger in size and the Sith/Jedi ones have excellent composition.

Rather than tracking the older keys I say get into the giclees and pick up whatever keys you can now if you are interested in the character.

SolidLiquidFox said:
They are actually a much better value for your money than the character keys. I think the keys have the trading cards/action figures collectible factor and that's why they are so popular. Not to mention the GG maquette correlation. The giclees are more limited, bigger in size and the Sith/Jedi ones have excellent composition.

Rather than tracking the older keys I say get into the giclees and pick up whatever keys you can now if you are interested in the character.

Pretty much exactly how I feel about the situation. I'd love to have all the keys, but it's just not feasable. None of those, not even GG is worth over $100 to me. I love the Jedi/Sith Giclees and can wait to add those to my collection. Though it's going to make me want to get the Yoda and Obi maquettes even more!

Collector Freak said:
Here's a rare glimpse :)monkey5) into my collection just to show the size of the giclees:

Not a great picture, but looks great in person. The second giclee is behind it. Still gotta get them framed.

CF, that looks really nice. That's pretty much how I plan to display the two giclees and the maquettes. I can't wait for them to finally announce the Ithorian that Tom has in his avatar, Roron Corobb, I think.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Every time I see the Obi maquette I think: Where is the Durge maquette? It's like he is swinging angrily for no reason. :rolleyes:

I told my ex (yeah, we're still living together) that they needed to make a Durge last night! Along with,

Dooku
Sidius
SHAAK TI :D
Kit
Mace
Magna Guard
and however they want to make, because I'll buy everyone related to the Clone Wars

Khev,

you should give them a shot, they are really cool looking. If you don't like it, you can sell it on ebay for about $50. Make a nice $15 profit.

Khev said:
I have no interest in the animated keys but just a reminder to everyone else that this goes up for pre-order today.

when the newsletter comes up right?? if i cant get the dooku on pre order im not worried. i will be dissappointed because right now i only have the mace, trooper, and anakin is on the way. im still hoping to get sidious somehow... if anyone has one that wants to get rid of i will pay $75 tops.(he's my second favorit characters besides Mace)

spaceman said:
These remind me of the little stats on the back of old transformer packaging.

Strength 5
Speed 3
Intelligence 2

:D

Where is the lil red thing so you can read it:rotfl

I would agree. Yoda is my favorite character so I wish I had that key but it is way to much.

Back