SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually surprised if Sideshow went to the trouble of adding a neck to the headsculpt just so they could place it on a Buck and still charge $70 at a time when their customers have less disposable income compared to 2006. How much did ROTS Obiwan cost? Optimistically, Sideshow added the neck because it looks more natural and the head is on a Prometheus with an adapter comparable to what is used on the TrueType.

Ive got this one, and the one Ive got has armour on it to so Ner Ner de Ner Ner,

Thats 3 Ive passed on now, wonder if SS has decided to kill the line slowly ?

Last edited:
Where can I get this form in the UK?

Cheers for any help. To not take away from the thread, I suppose you could pm me with replies? Ta!

I am actually surprised if Sideshow went to the trouble of adding a neck to the headsculpt just so they could place it on a Buck and still charge $70 at a time when their customers have less disposable income compared to 2006. How much did ROTS Obiwan cost? Optimistically, Sideshow added the neck because it looks more natural and the head is on a Prometheus with an adapter comparable to what is used on the TrueType.

Dun think they added a neck. I just checked my clone Obiwan. Looks more like they cut away the neck for the clone Obiwan.

The sculpt looks exactly the same. What is going on man :confused:

It always had a neck. Clone Kenobi's was trimmed off.

I'm a huge Obi-Wan fan, but I'm going to pass on this. It just feels cheap to me, using the same head sculpt. I'm not going to pay full price when SS isn't going all-out to bring me a new product. That's just me; if you're pumped for this, I'm happy for you.

A $70 Obi-wan would be a fair price if it comes on the Prometheus and uses soft rubber for the boot like TDK Batman.

Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

People were commenting in the other thread, which ought to be merged with this one, about the head being modded for a Buck body, but this is Trev's original sculpt which was modded for the articulated body.

McGregor_Kenobi_sculpt_by_trev_solo.jpg

Tis' the nature of the Star Wars SSC Collector. Scream for the figure. Once the figure is announced, bash the hell out of it for being offered in the first place. Complain about price, exclusive, figure sculpt, the whole nine yards. Ordering day comes, people (most of who were just ^^^^^ing about it) post how they got it but state how they might not keep it. Complain and photoshop up until release. Post first pics. Chicken Little syndrome to the ninth degree complaning about how the production pictures look and people begin to cancel. Full shipment hits, better pictures are shown, the piece is regarded as the pinnacle of someone's collection. Rinse and Repeat.

Just go with it.

Yep, that pretty much explains how it is these days. You need to post this in every Star Wars thread.

Shouldn't this be a new head sculpt? Wasn't the General Kenobi Clone sculpt meant to be a half-way interpretation of the animated character with a 'real look'? With that in mind... should this sculpt be used for a character that has largely been depicted in a non-anime form? Doesn't bother me either way cos I've left all PT 12" alone now but I'm just thinking of the others who may want to buy it.

I'm just not excited about it. I'm not sure why. I might pick it up on the after market too.

I like it i will buy it. This is why i passed on clonobi. It will go well with Jango, but i think i will get it cheaper from an online dealer.

I think it's great, $70 seems reasonable in this market.
I like the fact that they're reusing the General Obi-Wan head, shows that they listen to fans because it's a perfect sculpt. I just hope the paint apps look as good if not better.

I'm definitely going to order one. :D

I pass on ass figures, SS stop with rehashes and give a new and exciting announcement, something ala Jabba.
On the bright side, how many more of these lame offerings can they churn out, they will have no choice but to start with Lando, Tarkin, Bossk

Obi-Wan is pretty much the only SW character that I truly love so Sideshow has me over a barrel on this one. :lol

It really sucks that he's likely on the Buck (I hope not... can we please start having some Jedi on a better body??!!?!)

So pay an extra $15 and pick up a TrueType and switch 'em out. Then you can pretend it's a HotToys Obi at a measly $85. :p

Back