SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Huh? This is the first figure like this that they have done. I can't recall any previous Sideshow kitbashes, can you?

Alot of people have been asking for this and he will have a high profit margin, so I can completely understand why SS released him (main character, headsculpt already produced, no major new designs, large ES = profit). Also, $70 is not that expensive at all.

However, I just don't understand why we aren't seeing any OT main characters. I know Chewie would cause major problems constructing an affordable body, but we are still missing Lando, Moff Tarkin, and Palpatine. All of these could easily be made.

^Huh? This is the first figure like this that they have done. I can't recall any previous Sideshow kitbashes, can you?

Unleashed Stormie, Captain Antilles to some extent and now Obi, three of the last few that were released, whats next Endor Han, slap on a new trench coat and voila.

Alot of people have been asking for this and he will have a high profit margin, so I can completely understand why SS released him (main character, headsculpt already produced, no major new designs, large ES = profit). Also, $70 is not that expensive at all.

However, I just don't understand why we aren't seeing any OT main characters. I know Chewie would cause major problems constructing an affordable body, but we are still missing Lando, Moff Tarkin, and Palpatine. All of these could easily be made.

Right. A lot of people were crying about not getting him when Clone Obi came up despite the fact that he was the first armored figure, the armor was awesome and the headsculpt near perfection (I say near to prevent getting flamed by the OCDs who think a mole was off or a beardhair was crooked). Now he's here and limited to only 1000. And at a measly $70, he'll go fast and those crying now, will be left crying about the ebaY pricing by the flippers.

As for the OT.....share man! :p Not every release needs to be OT, let alone main OT characters. We just had Vader and the Storm Troopers announced and PPO'd at SDCC, let alone ANH Han, Luke and Leia who also came out this year. Plus, I'll argue that Sidious can double as Palps. I'm glad they're splitting the releases between OT, PT, EU, main and secondary characters. Variety is the spice of life. :lol

I wouldnt be to sure of that, I dont see this going for more then retail in the future, just because of a low exclusive doesnt mean it will

I have no problem with PT figs, just its time for some variety, not sure why there is no Dooku yet.

Re: Who's waiting for an Episode II Obi Wan?

People were commenting in the other thread, which ought to be merged with this one, about the head being modded for a Buck body, but this is Trev's original sculpt which was modded for the articulated body.

McGregor_Kenobi_sculpt_by_trev_solo.jpg

WOW! Is that what became the Clone-Obi?

I always love seeing these unpainted original sculpt pics.

WOW! Is that what became the Clone-Obi?

I always love seeing these unpainted original sculpt pics.

Yup, that's exactly what Clonobi is, just cut just under the beard for the 2 joint neck.

I think people need to not look at this figure as a sign of lacking variety in the line. It's a very quick release, very little extra to it, not like a sculptor's time was used up again for another Obi-Wan or time taken from cut and sew. It's just a quick figure to satisfy the Obi-Wan hardcores and keep figures coming out in the line while the variety is worked on and created.

Its SS way of kitbashing a couple things for people like me who are too lazy to do it themselves. :lol

why do people keep saying there is only going to be 1000 of him? re-read the announcement mates, there will be 1000 EXCLUSIVES with kamino dart. there will likely be 2500 to 3000 regular editions.

I think it looks really nice. It's a lot easier and cheaper than doing a kitbash yourself. If I still collected 1/6 figures, I would be all over it. ...but I don't so I won't!

why do people keep saying there is only going to be 1000 of him? re-read the announcement mates, there will be 1000 EXCLUSIVES with kamino dart. there will likely be 2500 to 3000 regular editions.

I think this might be a site exclusive type thing thats why.

I think this might be a site exclusive type thing thats why.

I'm pretty sure it's a typical exclusive. There hasn't been a domestic exclusive where an exclusive item's announced. I'm guessing he'll have the total ES of a domestic exclusive, if he's truly coming out real soon, so 1000 Ex. 2000-2500 regular.

Well, I'm getting him. I like CW Kenobi and don't mind them using that same excellent sculpt for this AOTC one. I liked Sean's "kit-bash" and will be happy with Sideshow's version.

What I'd really like is for Sideshow to produce some figures of those Kaminoins...now that would be cool!

I think I'll pass on him...same head sculpt, even the robe and outer tunic seems to be the same as ROTS. It should have cost around $40. Why didn't they do a Episode 1 Obi Wan? Qui Qon and darth maul are lonely for such a long long time....

People were commenting in the other thread, which ought to be merged with this one, about the head being modded for a Buck body, but this is Trev's original sculpt which was modded for the articulated body.

McGregor_Kenobi_sculpt_by_trev_solo.jpg

Agreed...:D

I sold my Clonobi for this guy so I guess I have to buy him but I confess, the $69.99 price tag doesn't sting as much as I thought it would.

Back