SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also a HUGE fan of ANi's ATOC robe. it's one of the more unique ones in the series. i never noticed how different it was from everyone elses untill i saw it at the magic of the myth exhibit a few years back. his ATOC outer robe is not, infact, a robe at all. it was a Huge cloak with slits in the sides so he could put his arms through them, but it did not have sleeves. I wish i could find my pictures of it :(

Actually, since Ani has two different costumes in ROTS (the one at the begining of the film which looks more like the 12" figure and after they get home with the reddish brown pants like the PF) his pants in AOTC are more like the ones he wears at the beginning of ROTS.

Agreed though, his AOTC costume is very different from the ROTS costumes. In a lot of ways, it mirrors the ANH Vader costume, at least in its silhouette. The cloak really sold the design. While I really dig the ROTS look, the AOTC Ani is one of the best costume designs in the saga.

Yes, agreed on the cloak! It's so much more Vaderish than the ROTS robe.

From the Rebelscum C2 coverage. Since I was just a editor at the time I didn't shoot this (I didn't start as a photographer until 2003). I believe Michael Sullenger (Galactic Hunter), who was our staff photographer at the time, shot this image.

anakinoutfit.jpg

An EII Anakin will help sell the EII Obi-Wan, without a doubt. I think I'm not the only one that has passed on EII Obi-Wan because I'm ok with having just the EIII version. But being able to pair them up again, this time as allies, would be great. (and have me second-guessing myself...) ;) Anakin's headsculpt would be different enough to warrant the acquisition.

Of course, an E1 Obi-Wan would be a no-brainer pick up for me as well.

P.S. The Buck body is past it's prime. It's got to go. I think if they had updated simply just the wrists so that they don't look as horrible as they do, that would have been a huge improvement.

The problem with the buck is when the figure has either tight-fitting clothing or less clothing on, that allows the ugly joints and the ugly body contours to show through. Articulation is not the greatest, either.

The only plus is that there are several variations in sizes, which allows closer approximations to the actors'/characters' scale heights.

Ya, when it first came out, I was ok with the black costuming, but recently I watched ROTS and took a look at the figure after and it just didn't quite sit right. Darth Vader was a step closer, it's a very dark brown, but it's on the brown side and not pure black like the Anakin figure.

I remember the costume designer saying the idea behind it was getting as close to black as possible WITHOUT being black. It would show how close he was to being Vader, yet he was still a Jedi.

I remember the costume designer saying the idea behind it was getting as close to black as possible WITHOUT being black. It would show how close he was to being Vader, yet he was still a Jedi.

Exactly. The concept was the phase him from his closing TPM robes to Vader's suit. I think they also wanted the darker cloak to be somewhat im homage to Qui-Gon.

Back