SS EPII Obi Wan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does 'backorder' mean?

I see it listed on a particular item's EU status,just wanna get clarification.

Not that anyone asked...

I only have one SS Star Wars figure, ANH Obi Wan which is probably the best sculpted figure I own. I was never a Star Wars collector but that figure made a believer out me. I wanted to follow up with an EpIII Obi Wan (my favorite Ben look form the rather poor new trilogy), but after seeing the Order of the Jedi figure, which I believe acts as the EpIII Kenobi, I passed; I really didn't like the face sculpt.

I passed on the stormtrooper armor Kenobi because the initial pics made him look like Travis Tritt, but the end result was far better, even though I don't think they've yet to capture Ewin Mcgregor. I could have Priority Pre-ordered this guy but failed to because I hadn't decided on buying one (and who gives a rat's arse about a dart?!) but have since pre-ordered the reg version.

This way I'll have my young and old Ben Kenobi, even if young Kenbobi darned near has a mullet. My fear is they nail a Mcgregor sculpt down the line and I'll be stuck with EpII Ben. I'm really surprised to read so many like the EpI look, my least favorite of all three!:confused:

I'm really surprised to read so many like the EpI look, my least favorite of all three!:confused:

I think it may be partly due to Sideshow having released a Qui-Gon and Darth Maul already. So having a "Padawan" Obi-Wan to pose with the two other figures is big priority to many collectors. I know I would definitely pick one up. It's also the first time we see a "young" Obi Wan. Plus, it's a completely different hair style.*

*By the way, still unsure if I would pick up a "Yippee!" Anakin (Ani), though... :horror

I think it may be partly due to Sideshow having released a Qui-Gon and Darth Maul already. So having a "Padawan" Obi-Wan to pose with the two other figures is big priority to many collectors. I know I would definitely pick one up.

That sums up 50% of my motivation. I'm an Obi-Wan fan so that's my other reason, but I love Maul and the Duel of the Fates and missing the 3rd piece sucks.

The EpI Ewan represents the "white knight" to me. He's exactly how I would imagine a young "anti-Vader" looking like.

In Ep II they kinda strayed from that a bit with his shaggy appearance. Ep III brought it back.

Episode 1 Obi - OWNS ALL!

No seriously, he was one of my favourite characters ever, not just in Star Wars.

Just loved everything about him, and Episode 1 in general. It's probably his appearance that made me such a huge fan, I think episode 1 was the best he looked. (ooo-er)

Don't care much for beards/mullets/long parted hair !

Although I do like his look in ROTS a lot more now than when the film came out!

Episode I Obi-Wan = Fail. Who puts rat tails on anyone? The padawan look for humans is just terrible, like something a meth head would have. I wouldn't buy either the EP I Obi-Wan or AOTC Anakin.

What does 'backorder' mean?

I see it listed on a particular item's EU status,just wanna get clarification.

Johnny - This means the item is not currently in our EU warehouse located in the UK. You can still order the product if you are in the EU, it will just take a bit longer to arrive.

Episode I Obi-Wan = Fail. Who puts rat tails on anyone? The padawan look for humans is just terrible, like something a meth head would have. I wouldn't buy either the EP I Obi-Wan or AOTC Anakin.

Best post this month.:emperor

Johnny - This means the item is not currently in our EU warehouse located in the UK. You can still order the product if you are in the EU, it will just take a bit longer to arrive.

Howdy Dennis! Here's another Q for ya! Was there a specific reason that Sideshow chose not to include the tracking device that Obi threw on to the Slave 1, or did it just not come up?

Howdy Dennis! Here's another Q for ya! Was there a specific reason that Sideshow chose not to include the tracking device that Obi threw on to the Slave 1, or did it just not come up?

I'm not really the one to ask, but you can always fill out our 'Ask Sideshow' form and we may post the answer in our production blog.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/asksideshow.php

That's about the best I can do for collectible specific questions.

Put a rat tail on a guy in robes, and he's a jedi. Put a rat tail on a guy in a Def Leppard shirt and he's a meth addict.....kooky!:lol

I wish the EPIII Obi turned out a little better, but after watching EPII last night with my son I'm glad now the new Ben doesn't look exactly like Mcgregor; I had forgotten how horrible his beard looked in the movie (only saw it once on DVD a while back).

I wish the EPIII Obi turned out a little better, but after watching EPII last night with my son I'm glad now the new Ben doesn't look exactly like Mcgregor; I had forgotten how horrible his beard looked in the movie (only saw it once on DVD a while back).

I'm guessing the beard you're referring to is the fake one.

Phantom Menace was tolerable when Ewan wore the wig for the pickup shoots, you notice it, but it's nowhere near as bad as the pickup shots from AOTC where the beard isn't Ewan's natural, and the wig is just as ugly, and for some reason, it seems like more than half of Obi-Wan's screen time is from pickup shots, not the original cuts or just new scenes George came up with after the fact.

I was ecstatic when it was specifically noted for Sith that Ewan would keep his natural hair and beard for the pickup shots.

At the time ROTS Obi came out he universally hailed as quite awesome (paintjob not withstanding) and I think he still stands out as one of Sideshow's best sculpts.

but it's nowhere near as bad as the pickup shots from AOTC where the beard isn't Ewan's natural, and the wig is just as ugly, and for some reason, it seems like more than half of Obi-Wan's screen time is from pickup shots, not the original cuts or just new scenes George came up with after the fact.

I never even really noticed the beard/hair difference... now I will have to keep my eyes open next time I watch.

Back