Statue SS Conan the Barbarian Fury of the Beast Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not on this. The fiberglass Rhino has me gun shy. I wish they had a posted weight instead of TBD.

I think the white looks better in the pictures, but the black might display better...Plus a future Red Sonja dio to go with would be pretty sweet...:gah:

Can't decide if I want to pull the trigger or not on this. The fiberglass Rhino has me gun shy. I wish they had a posted weight instead of TBD.

I think the white looks better in the pictures, but the black might display better...Plus a future Red Sonja dio to go with would be pretty sweet...:gah:

I hear that. Given the angle and Conan hanging from the apes head, I don't think it'll be the same as Rhino. This is what I'm thinking but who knows. I've been waiting for this since it was first previewed and went with the black.

I immediately smash every statue I have so I can see that sweet solid inside. If this thing hits the floor and there is nothing but empty blackness inside Kong, I am going to be soooooo angry.

Talk to me again after you've received a hollow statue that has cracked like an egg during shipping. Because I have. And it isn't fun.

Cutting corners during manufacturing, particularly on large high-cost items such as this, is not a good thing for collectors any which way you cut it.

Weight issues are exaggerated. People have complained about the recently shipped Hulk maquette and there is no overwhelming amount of damage during shipping. You could say the same about the Spidey vs Hulk diorama back in the day.

There is plenty of stuff to complain about: increasing prices, bad QC, hit and miss product from proto to final version. Heavy weight on a crap statue still leaves you with a crap statue.

Weight issues are exaggerated. People have complained about the recently shipped Hulk maquette and there is no overwhelming amount of damage during shipping. You could say the same about the Spidey vs Hulk diorama back in the day.

There is plenty of stuff to complain about: increasing prices, bad QC, hit and miss product from proto to final version. Heavy weight on a crap statue still leaves you with a crap statue.

At least the Hulk Maquette is polystone. Rhino is made out of the same stuff as my daughters piggybank. Galactus at 25 pds has to be plastic.

I just don't see this being made with the same construction as Rhino given the angle and the footprint connecting the ape/Conan to the base.
Very similar to the Hulk comiquette in that regard. Which I was told that while it may not be solid, it has much thicker walls.
Should it turn out hollow, I would probably return it.

I just don't see this being made with the same construction as Rhino given the angle and the footprint connecting the ape/Conan to the base.
Very similar to the Hulk comiquette in that regard. Which I was told that while it may not be solid, it has much thicker walls.
Should it turn out hollow, I would probably return it.

I agree, thats why I am pulling the trigger on this.

At least the Hulk Maquette is polystone. Rhino is made out of the same stuff as my daughters piggybank. Galactus at 25 pds has to be plastic.

Polystone is plastic.

Rhino is awesome. Do you want to listen to the 3-4 same people who troll that thread or listen to the people who actually own it and love it?

Polystone is plastic.

Rhino is awesome. Do you want to listen to the 3-4 same people who troll that thread or listen to the people who actually own it and love it?

It's great if you love your piggy bank, but it's a valid concern regarding other statues, especially when they have yet to disclose what said statue is constructed of.

Back