SS Ark of the Covenent Photo Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several of the Hasbro Ark's that I'll be unloading in about 10-15 years if I'm alive. I think the price will have gone back up by then.

O.K., to SOME it cost $90. To others, not so much. Regardless, if you need one for $44 plus shipping, there are two listings on Ebay.

It only cost $10 for those who got it through Hasbro. Whether or not they like the figures they bought, they still bought them, actual MSRP or clearanced. The Ark was a free "thank you" + processing and shipping for picking them up.

I think he means that in the event you do not in any way want any of the 12-inch figures but still very much DO want the Ark, then it's going to cost you $90. Yes, you have 4 figures but if you don't care or want them then you are out $90 for just the Ark. If you love the figures then of course you can look at it from the perspective of only paying $10 for the Ark.

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is entitled to their take on this. My earliest post was only meant to inform people that the ark is available on Ebay for less than it's been selling for in the past months. Thanks.

I guess i'm gonna keep mine. I'll know for sure when i have it in hand. It doesn't look too big to me though. Hasbro's looks too small imo. Not a dwarf.. but a little too small. Sideshow's finish sucks. And there is no excuse for that. I saw the idol at the con, and it looked beautiful compared to the ark (despite the flaws on sideshows idol.. *cough*)..

I just don't understand how you screw something up so important as the finish? Especially now that we all know it could have been done easily.

Either way, i'm sure i'll like having it displayed with my figures. I like everything else about it for the most part, except the gold. So if any of you guys figure out a cheap way to make it look nice.. i'll just upgrade it later. There are just too many things i dislike about the hasbro one too to consider it a viable replacement.

*sigh*
damn you sideshow. Really letting us down lately. This paint app. bullsquash is getting WAY out of hand.. time to fire some people. Or heck, pay me 2 bucks an hour, and i'll just paint everything for you. I'm sure i could do it better than this crap I keep compulsively buying!

I'm so sick of returning things and asking for replacement parts..

I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for a good ark to go with my DX Indy. Which is better SS or Hasbro?

I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for a good ark to go with my DX Indy. Which is better SS or Hasbro?

Buy the SSC one and give me the poles (they are very nice)!

Seriously, just google side by side pics - the SSC suffers from a slightly inaccurate sculpt (not a biggie) and being gold painted as opposed to the Hasbro, which looks like plated. The prop was plated. The scale (I believe) is also a little better on the Hasbro, the SSC being slightly too big.

The one issue is that - unlike most Hasbro stuff - the Hasbro ark is a little on the expensive side. Still cheaper than the SSC version I would guess though, but I don't see either version very much on eBay.

I have several of the Hasbro Ark's that I'll be unloading in about 10-15 years if I'm alive. I think the price will have gone back up by then.

Who knows, in a thousand years maybe even you will be worth something? :lol

I like what you did there. Right now only worth $10.00 from a vendor on the street.

Won a hasbro ark for $63.00 shipped. Not bad. Can't wait to see it when it arrives.

Just got Indy back after letting him go. I have all the Medi relics except the crystal skull. Now I just need a diamond and the antidote!

Here's a shot of my Indy with Hasbro ark.
e7e3ysa7.jpg
naragahe.jpg
gase5aqe.jpg

This thing is huge. U can't imagine the SS version next to him. Good grief!

That is the SSC Premium Format 1/4 Ark, not the SSC 1/6 ark that came with Toht. They have similar finishes but obviously different sizes.

Here are some pics comparing the SSC 1/6 Ark to Hasbro's Ark...

vdjz4h.jpg

jqic1f.jpg

Back