SS Ark of the Covenent Photo Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmarz1000

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have no time for a review. Here are pics. I'll chime in later with what I think.

The box and packaging:

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

Great pics! Thanks!

The ark looks pretty good, even the angels look better... BUT...

BUT...

That paint makes me said. Is it as flat as the pictures show? No shine?

More importantly, is it worth it?

Personally I like that it's bigger and looks to have more 'heft' to it than the Hasbro one. Sure the Hasbro one has that 'shine', but it still looks 'plastic-y' to me.

Maybe the SS one needs a few coats of FUTURE FLOOR WAX?! :lol

To each their own, but I'm still happy to get the SS Exclusive for the collection. :angelsmil

Well, at last, side-by-side.

I still say there's pros and cons to both, which are made very clear from the photos.

Your preferred ark really is subjective.

First glance: I like the SS ark's overall shape better, but of course I love the shine of the Hasbro. SS's looks squat, but Hasbro's looks short and flat.

:confused:

Personally I like that it's bigger and looks to have more 'heft' to it than the Hasbro one. Sure the Hasbro one has that 'shine', but it still looks 'plastic-y' to me.

Maybe the SS one needs a few coats of FUTURE FLOOR WAX?! :lol

To each their own, but I'm still happy to get the SS Exclusive for the collection. :angelsmil

Hmmmmmmm..... Future Wax? I wonder if that would work? Not a bad thought.

It has more shine than what's conveyed in the photos but not much. Wether it's worth $90 or so, I can't say. It has a really nice weight and feel to it. More of a high-end collectible than a mail-away item. I'm a Raiders nut so I'm probably going to keep it but I'm not "wowed" by any means. Sorry. :(

It has more shine than what's conveyed in the photos but not much. Wether it's worth $90 or so, I can't say. It has a really nice weight and feel to it. More of a high-end collectible than a mail-away item. I'm a Raiders nut so I'm probably going to keep it but I'm not "wowed" by any means. Sorry. :(

At least if there's anything to be 'wowed' by it's your Indy repaint by small_studios Josh and your Mike Fisher belt and holster! :rock

:D

I'm a Raiders nut so I'm probably going to keep it but I'm not "wowed" by any means. Sorry. :(

Sorry to hear that, but I expect I'll feel the same when mine gets here. At least my expectations are lowered properly now.

I'm surprised that the reliefs on the sides looks so... well, not sharp and crisp but sort of soft.

The poles look good to me.

The angels and basically the entire top looks better to me.

The overall shape looks accurate to the film.

Glad to hear it's a little more shiny... maybe that Future Wax idea would really help catch the light more like the Hasbro.

All in all, I'm still hanging on to my ark + Toht. Sucker? Maybe. But I love Raiders and must support it.

Sorry to hear that, but I expect I'll feel the same when mine gets here. At least my expectations are lowered properly now.

I'm surprised that the reliefs on the sides looks so... well, not sharp and crisp but sort of soft.

The poles look good to me.

The angels and basically the entire top looks better to me.

The same looks accurate to the film.

Glad to hear it's a little more shiny... maybe that Future Wax idea would really help catch the light more like the Hasbro.

All in all, I'm still hanging on to my ark + Toht. Sucker? Maybe. But I love Raiders and must support it.

I'm hanging onto mine too...and :rock :rock :rock

P.S., Sucker??? NEVER!!! :gun

It is interesting when compared now to see just where each got it wrong and each got it right. It really is a judgement call which you prefer.

But if we can solve the "shine" issue then I think the SS ark would be the clear winner overall -- just scale alone.

It is interesting when compared now to see just where each got it wrong and each got it right. It really is a judgement call which you prefer.

But if we can solve the "shine" issue then I think the SS ark would be the clear winner overall -- just scale alone.

I might try FUTURE...otherwise, off to Josh or Les or someone for a REPAINT! :whip

Yeah, as I'm looking at the pics, I don't think the Future Wax will add anything but a shine-gloss but it won't correct the "gold" color to look more vivid. Maybe a repaint is the only way to go.

Back