1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. They are 6mm. 5mm probably would have been optimum, but the 6mm fit just fine. No trimming needed. Just set them in straight. I would not tilt/ move them up..because of the depth of the eyes, they appear to move as you do. If he's looking down the pupil appears partial, etc. Here's what I mean:

That's pretty cool, especially the side-to-side.

Hey rory, I want to do the neck mod but general won't really hold a pose with his neck well. If I move him left he will slide back to the center. Any idea how to remedy that?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Hey rory, I want to do the neck mod but general won't really hold a pose with his neck well. If I move him left he will slide back to the center. Any idea how to remedy that?

Sounds like it may be the rubber parts that are bringing the Head back to center...which shouldn't happen unless you have him looking up as far as he can go (trying for a hunch pose) which stretches those neck guts to the limit.
You'll have to disconnect the rubber parts if you want to do Rory's mod.

Sounds like it may be the rubber parts that are bringing the Head back to center...which shouldn't happen unless you have him looking up as far as he can go (trying for a hunch pose) which stretches those neck guts to the limit.
You'll have to disconnect the rubber parts if you want to do Rory's mod.

That was my next question actually. Cool, I'll do that. Thank you!

It's more fun to pose this guy than most any other figure. He's one of my only 1/6 figures I've got out on display until I get a detolf or 2...and even then he's going on top.
94.jpg92.jpg90.jpg
P.S. I never had the stock weapons...which is why you see him with some custom fodder. I got a GREAT deal on a new in box figure without the weapons. Otherwise I never could have afforded this guy. Meant to be!!

Yes. They are 6mm. 5mm probably would have been optimum, but the 6mm fit just fine. No trimming needed. Just set them in straight. I would not tilt/ move them up..because of the depth of the eyes, they appear to move as you do. If he's looking down the pupil appears partial, etc. Here's what I mean:

Thanks, man, it is awesome!,

Just got this guy yesterday! Itching to do some mods, luckily the eye plate popped out with no heat. The left eye took a bit of heat to pop the eyes out, but I think I'll be painting the eyes tomorrow, and ordering some new Milliput (can't find my almost new package :(...)to take a shot at the eye plate. I'd like to do the neck/collar mod....is everyone just pulling the rubber pieces off? How do you glue them back, regular super glue? And definetly need to do something about those head fins, I'm shocked how terrible they look in person.

Okay after doing the mod ican see most of the rubber bits cannot be reattached because they'll be too short. So has anyone tried to add anything to make up for what's missing now?

I think I may have taken a biiiiit too much off some of the joints, but they're still tight so it's all good.

Really nice work! :clap

Is it horrendous work at that scale? I want to do it but I worry the work is too tiny for me. I'm over 8 feet tall so my hands are very large. :)

Took on the ear mod today, here's what happened! Big thanks to Rorywan for the tutorial!

null_zpsacdfc561.jpg

Looks great man. :clap

Really nice work! :clap

Is it horrendous work at that scale? I want to do it but I worry the work is too tiny for me. I'm over 8 feet tall so my hands are very large. :)

its much easier than you think Wor. Given you did such a great job with the eyes I don't think it would be a problem for you.
Just wedge those ear ****ers off. Sand them down. Make them pointier. Then heat a knife edge and make slots for the pin. Honestly its not hard, you have already done the really hard bit. :rock

..and it makes a massive difference...

Last edited:
its much easier than you think Wor. Given you did such a great job with the eyes I don't think it would be a problem for you.
Just wedge those ear ****ers off. Sand them down. Make them pointier. Then heat a knife edge and make slots for the pin. Honestly its not hard, you have already done the really hard bit. :rock

..and it makes a massive difference...

I want to... but I'm a scared little girl...

Rc0yg.gif

Back