Square PLay-Arts DC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

This looks great. How's the quality of these figures from Square Play-Arts. The only thing that worries me are the look of the joints. Are these sturdy?

In case anyone's interested, BBTS has them on preorder for 59.95 each (though it does say they might be cheaper if they find a domestic supplier). Supposed to come out first quarter of next year.

They are indeed amazing figures - the sculpts are phenominal (especially Batman's head) and the articulation looks great. Just a shame about the scale for me really...
If they were 6"/7" I'd easily get them. Bet they look awesome in person though!

My thoughts exactly. Money is so tight these days I don't know if I can afford to start a new scale. I did pre order with BBTS but.........its up in the air if I pull the trigger. HT has just way too much grail stuff on its way down the pike.

This looks great. How's the quality of these figures from Square Play-Arts. The only thing that worries me are the look of the joints. Are these sturdy?

I have a few of the Halo Reach figures and they're very good. I remember someone mentioning these figures reminded them of larger Revoltech figures and I agree that that's a pretty accurate statement. I'm mixed about Batman because while he does look awesome, I would've preferred a more simple approach to his costume ala DC Direct instead of the overly stylized look they went with.

I just wish Hot Toys would get the license for this game already and I would be happy happy that as my only Batman figure.

Am I the only one who thinks this version of Batman head is too small. Like he has a pointy head or something. & yes, the anime look of Bats costume is a bit over the top. Looks like I might cancell....

The quality is good, and they are very sturdy. My Dante from DMC4 holds poses well, even action poses (stabbing his sword forward, for instance), and the few times he's fallen I've never worried about breakage. The only thing to watch for these is the paint-- it's thin in places, specifically the hands, so careful handling is advised.

That Batman sculpt still impresses me. So nice. Wish it was in scale with the DCD figures. Not loving the joker so much for some reason... face just seems off somehow.

more products coming in Playarts kai

Batman Armored Suit Ver (Left) and Harley Quinn (Right)

SL71N0JTg.fOi5c39VMRIA.jpg

I1.Ysr_RT519OCmUEDwrqA.jpg

Already have Bats and Joker on pre-order. I'll also get Harley for sure. Here's hoping Square Enix milks the crap out of this license and continues into Arkham City characters--a Catwoman seems inevitable.

I just saw these on the Sideshow site. Batman looks great but Joker is so so. I think I'll get Bats and wait for Harley.

I assume they are not limited so no danger in waiting for in hand pics before purchasing?

Back