Square PLay-Arts DC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted a review of Play Arts Kai's Arkham Asylum Joker

a95ZCl.jpg

Stay updated
facebook
twitter

Bought this Batman today. The figure is nice but it is definitely not $60 nice. If I would have had a chance to see it first I would have not bought it.

It left me a little disappointed. For example, it comes with two accessories, a grappling hook gun and a batarang. It also comes with two extra hands, one to hold each accessory. The hand for the gun works perfectly; the hand for the batarang not. The fingers are to widely opened, the batarang keeps falling. I had to use the gun hand or glue the batarang to the other hand, ha!

Also, my figure has the right leg sticking a little outward, by the hip. Looks like he has some hip problem. It is noticeable if you position your figure in a standing neutral pose which is the pose I had intended. I am forced now to do an action pose. Maybe for $40 it wold have been an awesome figure.

Luis

Mine has the same problem. Press you thumb against the hip that sticks out and it will push it back in a little. The ball joint that holds the legs is not (at least for me) fixed in place so you should be able to correct it a bit.

But yeah I am disappointed with the figure as well.

Mine has the same problem. Press you thumb against the hip that sticks out and it will push it back in a little. The ball joint that holds the legs is not (at least for me) fixed in place so you should be able to correct it a bit.

But yeah I am disappointed with the figure as well.

Thank you so much for the tip. From reading everyone's feeling it seems that no one is satisfied with this figure. Oh well, you live you learn.

Luis

As much as I appreciate the cape being multiple pieces for added poseability, it is so damn cumbersome! If I knew anything about customizing, what seems like a great one would be to remove the plastic cape pieces and replace it with a cloth cape. I think that would improve the posing exponentially!

As much as I appreciate the cape being multiple pieces for added poseability, it is so damn cumbersome! If I knew anything about customizing, what seems like a great one would be to remove the plastic cape pieces and replace it with a cloth cape. I think that would improve the posing exponentially!

I don't know about you but it's so in the way when making him stand. He almost needs to hunch over to stand because it's too low.

The sheer weight of the cape limits the different poses that are possible. I usually end up posing him where some of the weight is actually being supported by the cape.
The biggest bummer is that what I was most looking forward to was finally being able to do a classic, fully crouched batman pose, but alas, the damn cape...

The sheer weight of the cape limits the different poses that are possible. I usually end up posing him where some of the weight is actually being supported by the cape.
The biggest bummer is that what I was most looking forward to was finally being able to do a classic, fully crouched batman pose, but alas, the damn cape...

Every Bat figure must come with the articulation to crouch on the corner of a rooftop, period. I just have him standing with his arms folded with his head slightly down. What I can say for the Kai line is their arm articulation is damn good. It's not even implied folded arms, their actually folded. I look foward to Armored Bats and Harley.

It kills me that to this day, for my money, there isn't a single Batman figure that can truly capture that pose. The closest I think anyone has come would be the 1/6th DCD Batman. With Hot Toys, it's moot, because the rubber severely limits the poseability. I have high hopes for the HT Arkham Bats, truly hoping it's a cloth costume and not another rubber one.

Snake, can you think of a Batman figure, in any scale, that can achieve that pose??

It kills me that to this day, for my money, there isn't a single Batman figure that can truly capture that pose. The closest I think anyone has come would be the 1/6th DCD Batman. With Hot Toys, it's moot, because the rubber severely limits the poseability. I have high hopes for the HT Arkham Bats, truly hoping it's a cloth costume and not another rubber one.

Snake, can you think of a Batman figure, in any scale, that can achieve that pose??

I'm a Batman nut but I haven't owned A LOT of Bat figs. At the moment I only got the Play Arts and the 89 Hot Toys.

The only thing that would come to mind though would be a DCD fig since their plastic but I never owned one.

I honestly wouldn't doubt the AA Hot Toys Bats would be cloth. It just doesn't look like it would be rubber from playing the games. It looks more woven and sewn. Probably the best bet for a 1/6 to do that pose.

I apologize for my disorganized cabinet lol.

Last edited:
Heres a pic of the Play Arts Arkham City Batman, different box to the AA Batman so this ones gets to come out...(i know i have a TDK trio background - its only for the photo)

P1030058.jpg

yea Both Bats and Catwoman look really good. Better than the AA one IMO. I saw them today at my LCS and was very tempted to buy them. The boxes look sweet too

Back