Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Red Squadron

Impressive stuff dude. Red Leader turned out great. Pretty damn iconic squad you got there.

Looking forward to Red 4.

I know you told me this, but what sculpt did you use for Wedge?

Thanks guys!

@ Chris, for Wedge I used a Ryan Gosling sculpt from Drive. I got a knock off from Hong Kong. Looking forward to seeing your pilot crew as well.

The old man is coming along nicely. I turned my Ganch head into the beginnings of old Rex's last night and laid down a base coat of paint on the head to match the body. Then I'll go over all the skin again darkening it slightly and adding some age spots. Sculpting the beard is the next step and the gloves are a stand in at the moment. When I get the fingerless gloved hands in, I'll pop the clone armor off the back of these and put them on them.

I do like how in Rebels they worked in Rex's love/preference for phase 1 armor and even had him say, after getting shot that "phase 1 armor always holds up"

Thanks everyone.

Yeah Chris, I've had that Clone chest armor sitting around without shoulder armor for like 2 years. Was able to shape some Marmit stormie shoulders into replacements.

Finished up the the old man this weekend. Sculpted the beard using Miliput onto a modified Ganch head sculpt. I'm really pleased with how it came out considering it was my first sculpting endeavor. Then I repainted the head and skin to match. I think I'm going to start practicing more with painting human sculpts because I've got quite a few I need painted but I just can't afford to pay a professional. This Rex sculpt may be the first step in that direction.

Thanks man.

Loving this new Han head sculpt for my ESB Han.

And did a little more sculpting work with the Miliput tonight.

I basically joined SSF just to comment here. Friggin' love your work Spud, you re-sparked the 1/6 Star Wars bug and my wallet already hates me.
I've been doing mostly 6" Black Series stuff lately, but had to dust off my Stormie, especially after getting my new Captain Antilles through the mail the other day.
Keep up the great work though man, you got a helluva fan here.

Thanks dude, I appreciate that. And welcome to the forum. :)

Here's my progress on two more old dudes. Still a little more to do on the paint work as far as giving the skin more detail and aging but they're getting there.

Back