Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Did some work on my snowie commander over the weekend. Still some conversion work to do and I've gotta sort out his backplate. But I'm loving the look of him next to the troops.

Looking good tyler, just one small point, the shoulder pads are on upside down on the Commanders, you need to flip them ( don't ask me why they did this):dunno

Wow man... love how your ANH figures turned out. Glad I could be a part of them :rock :rock

I agree on Ben, I don't think the HT will look as good. And definitely give the robes a water treatment... they hang really well after that :duff

And really impressive work on the commander, he looks great... so odd that Sideshow would give us endless clone repaints and now 3 or 4 versions of the battle droids, but not bother with the Snow Trooper Commander :huh

Thanks everyone. :D

Yeah tworiverz, someone pointed that out to me on facebook earlier. Honestly had never noticed that before. Its on my list of things to do still on him.

@ Galactiboy, thanks again man. And hey you never know, with them announcing the AT-AT driver the commander could be coming.

So with getting my heads back from Steven I put my Bib back together and began work on my Dannik Jerriko. Can't say enough about these paint jobs. Simply amazing.

With Dannik I dyed the uniform but it's not quite the mustard yellow color I want yet so I'm going to revisit it. Then I have to fashion him a pipe.

And I'm also very happy to report that I recently snagged a Marmit sandie. By far the best proportions I've seen on a trooper. Love the helmet. Got most of the sand off of him in preparation to re-weather him.

Good stuff Tyler. Those repaints look fantastic.

I laughed when I looked at your Marmit trooper. I have three that I need to do myself, all have the paint stripped off of just like yours. Looking for to seeing yours all weathered up.

Bib looks much better.
I still think thats the best Maul headsculpt available, including the new SSC one.

Thanks guys. :D
Yeah I think if Arnold saw Dannik in a forest somewhere in South America he'd say, "You're one ugly mutha fu......" haha

You know Chris if you ever need to relieve your burden of Marmit Sandies I'd be honored to jump on that grenade for you my friend. ;) I got lucky on this one because the previous owner had already switched it over to a TT body so some spare HT Stormie hands popped right on.

Bib looks much better.
I still think thats the best Maul headsculpt available, including the new SSC one.

I agree. I've got all I need with Maul with the Medicom one in the "I'm a badass" pose and the custom one. I still need to dull coat it because the sheen it has bugs me. I'll definitely be picking up some parts from the new Maul to replace some of the previous Sideshow stuff. And gloves always come in handy.

A very long, late night of custom work tonight and I loved it. Got Dannik Jerriko's jacket and pants painted the mustard color I was wanting and I'm really loving how he's looking. Also did a lot of work on Hoth. Got my deck officer finished complete with a hat from the Luke head. Also started dressing up some of my Hoth infantrymen. Used a Han head for the hat on the officer and still need to strip another hat off another Like head. I repainted all the hats too including Luke's. Don't know what it is about the Hoth stuff that captivates me so much but I dig it.

Hoth troops are looking good Tyler. I can totally see SSC making one or two of these now that most of the gear has been made already. With Battlefront coming out in a couple of months I can see them announcing something around its release.

Be cool to see a Sullustan or a Rodian decked out in Hoth gear

Back