Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Thank you for the replies about the 501st. Why did you have to put the pants on backwards? Just curious

Because they're the pants from the Luke Ceremony figure and they have a stitch going down the front of each leg to simulate a crease.

Was the material folded then stitched? With a steady hand and a new sharp #11 blade you could pick the stitches and remove the stitching. Be a time consuming job but not impossible

Well I had a fun filled Friday evening (you like that alliteration?) doing some long overdue custom work. Most of it was dremel work that I've been putting off. First off I got Master Di's arms dremeled down so his clone armor would fit. Next I hollowed out a snowtrooper helmet cast that Duane hooked me up with awhile back and I also prepared Veers' chest armor. Also finally unboxed my other Piett to to suit up Veers. Lastly I took the plunge and hollowed out some AT-AT driver boots cast for me by twor a long time ago for my snowtrooper commander. So now he has the correct boots. These guys are going to go stand in line at the painting booth.

I also put together my Bespin Han! I love this figure. Had to use Luke Ceremony pants put on backwards but it works just fine. Also modded a Hoth Han belt for him.

That Veers is going to look great, nice start. I cant get over how awesome that Snowtrooper Commander looks.

What you do yo Han's holster? Just make it smaller?

Thanks dude! Yeah on the Han I just cut the belt just behind the droid caller holder and then cut a section out and glued it back at the same spot. Hides it all pretty well and don't have to do any complicated moving of the pouches or rivets. And on the leg strap I just cut it loose from where it goes through the bottom of the holster and trimmed it and glided it back on each side.

And I guess I'll post a little update too. Took a little artistic freedom with Trevagg's boots last night. I really like the result.

Also got Snaggs painted last night. Glad he was an easy paint job.

Thanks guys. :D

I gotta tell you Duane I freaking love my Snaggletooth. And Chris I can't thank you enough for the pants for him. He wouldn't be possible without you guys. Have I mentioned I freaking love this community!

That's awesome Tyler. Snag was my favorite of the original 4 Cantina aliens Kenner did back in the day...regardless of his inaccurateness.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm really pleased with them. They were some new line miniature boots I got from monkeydepot and Mr. Stark let me borrow the armor pieces. They worked out perfectly.

Snaggs got smashed and misplaced his pants.

But on a more serious note, he's coming along nicely. Just need his pants and a boot paintjob.

Also finished master Di (aside from the emblem on his left arm armor). And although we never see him in a cloak I thought it looked pretty cool.

Now I just need to get to work on Captain Keeli. As you can see I've still got a lot to do.

Is that the medicom cloak? nice futzing.

No its actually the Sideshow one. I was going to use the Medicom one but it looked like it was choking him so I gave the Sideshow one the water treatment and I love how it turned out. Thanks, man.

Finished Feltipern Trevagg tonight. Again, thanks to Duane and Chris for all their help with my Cantina guys. :D

Also got my Coleman Trbor in from eBay over the weekend. Loving this figure. Whoever the artist was did an excellent job on my favorite Jedi character.

Back