Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Thanks dude. :D

Yeah it took me awhile to find a head sculpt to settle on. I considered heavily getting a Jim Gordon knockoff and paint it up to match the guy in ANH but I don't know if I could pull that off.

Good stuff Tyler, lots of awesome!!

Glad to see some more peeps doing Cantina guys, so many great characters. I really need to look into dyeing stuff. Your outfits look great.

Glad I could help you with your "problem". :)

Yeah it took me awhile to find a head sculpt to settle on. I considered heavily getting a Jim Gordon knockoff and paint it up to match the guy in ANH but I don't know if I could pull that off.

I'll let you know how that works out...that's the head I have coming. Worse case...I have a few really good "old guy" sculpts to use if it doesn't pan out.

I'll let you know how that works out...that's the head I have coming. Worse case...I have a few really good "old guy" sculpts to use if it doesn't pan out.

Yeah, I used the Michael Caine sculpt for my "old guy" ISB officer. I think you helped me find it. :)

Looking forward to seeing how your Gordon sculpts turn out.

Another update. Threw together Trevagg and Snaggs for a test run and I'm loving them. If anyone has some Ep. 3 Kenobi pants they can part with, Snaggs would really appreciate it. :D

Looking good man. I stole your idea and am using the HT Starlord shirt for Trevagg. Its perfect.

Didnt Snaggs wear Luke Bespin style boots? Is that the version you are doing? I know there were a few different Snaggs walking around Mos Eisley. I will see if I got some spare Kenobi pants when I get home.

Hello all. I'm new to the forums but I'm no stranger to customizing Star Wars figures. I've been doing 3 3/4" clone wars figures for years and just recently with the ending of the series I got a wild hair and decided that I wanted to try some Sideshow customs. I've been collecting the Sideshow Clones ever since the 212th Attack Battalion trooper came out how ever many years ago it was, so I've got a few.

After I pre-ordered the phase II Captain Rex I got the idea to do a few of the other troopers from the 501st. The Umbara series in the Clone Wars was one of my favorites so I went and got 5 veteran troopers and started what have become my favorite figures...

Now they just need their captain.

Do the troopers paint their own armor in the design they like in the unit color? Or are designs unit designs? Love these 501st troopers

Thanks, dude. Will do.

Looking good man. I stole your idea and am using the HT Starlord shirt for Trevagg. Its perfect.

Didnt Snaggs wear Luke Bespin style boots? Is that the version you are doing? I know there were a few different Snaggs walking around Mos Eisley. I will see if I got some spare Kenobi pants when I get home.

Dude, that would be so awesome. All of the sudden they are scarce as hell on the bay. I should have gotten the pair that the same seller that I got the tunic for Snaggs had, but at the time I wasn't buying the tunic for him but another custom that I was going to do and it was a happy accident that it was just what I needed.

I keep going at this pace and I just may have these guys finished and ready for a drink before long. Busted out the dremel tonight and started shaving and cutting Duane's handiwork.

Couple different angles of Snaggs.

Right now his belt and sash combo is still working off the snaps that came on the Kenobi tabards originally, but I'm thinking about letting it out a bit so he doesn't look like an hour glass.

Looking good man. I like the proportions of Snaggs' hunchback.

Starlord shirt looks great with Duane's Trevagg vest. Good stuff.

Well I had a fun filled Friday evening (you like that alliteration?) doing some long overdue custom work. Most of it was dremel work that I've been putting off. First off I got Master Di's arms dremeled down so his clone armor would fit. Next I hollowed out a snowtrooper helmet cast that Duane hooked me up with awhile back and I also prepared Veers' chest armor. Also finally unboxed my other Piett to to suit up Veers. Lastly I took the plunge and hollowed out some AT-AT driver boots cast for me by twor a long time ago for my snowtrooper commander. So now he has the correct boots. These guys are going to go stand in line at the painting booth.

I also put together my Bespin Han! I love this figure. Had to use Luke Ceremony pants put on backwards but it works just fine. Also modded a Hoth Han belt for him.

Back