Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

I forget what we were talking about but I assume its with the Hoth troopers? I just cut down the heads as needed with an xacto knife until the fit correctly in the hats.

No, sorry-I replied with quote, and it did not go where I needed it to. I am talking about your custom 501st troopers.

Did a little beta testing on the Hoth troopers last night.

I'm liking the result thus far. Still want to add a little detail work to the antenna shaft but the overall construction I'm happy with. I tried to find something at Hobby Lobby like what Nate was describing in his build but I have a feeling he has a genuine hobby store where miniature bits and pieces are easier to come by. I actually had better luck at Lowe's home improvement finding some little pieces that would work. Then there's a lot I had to fashion myself. The grenades I sort of just stumbled upon when I was going through a box of Sideshow stuff I've got and I noticed that the Endor bandolier has one on it. So luckily I have 8 bandoliers that I highjacked that part off of. I still need to come up with four more so I may end up stealing them off my original Endor guys as well. The belt buckle I used is a cast from Duane of the Imp. buckle that I cut the stud off of and glued a Sideshow Jedi holocron pad on and then added the three little studs. All these processes I'm doing I'm trying to keep simple and make sure I have enough material, whatever I decide to use, to make three of them the same way.

Did a little beta testing on the Hoth troopers last night.

I'm liking the result thus far. Still want to add a little detail work to the antenna shaft but the overall construction I'm happy with. I tried to find something at Hobby Lobby like what Nate was describing in his build but I have a feeling he has a genuine hobby store where miniature bits and pieces are easier to come by. I actually had better luck at Lowe's home improvement finding some little pieces that would work. Then there's a lot I had to fashion myself. The grenades I sort of just stumbled upon when I was going through a box of Sideshow stuff I've got and I noticed that the Endor bandolier has one on it. So luckily I have 8 bandoliers that I highjacked that part off of. I still need to come up with four more so I may end up stealing them off my original Endor guys as well. The belt buckle I used is a cast from Duane of the Imp. buckle that I cut the stud off of and glued a Sideshow Jedi holocron pad on and then added the three little studs. All these processes I'm doing I'm trying to keep simple and make sure I have enough material, whatever I decide to use, to make three of them the same way.

Truely fantastic, I really admire your work !!! Could you please comment on the WIP???

Again Tyler, Looking very good & continues to do so even more with each slightest addition & mod.

Can't help but to admire your ingenuity & resourcefulness as this project goes along. Hardware stores are a goldmine for all sorts of customizing bits, pieces, & oddities.

Thanks dude, that means a lot. :)
I can't help but think what I must have looked like when I was searching up and down the aisles at Lowes for whatever it was that I had pictured in my mind's eye. haha I just kept thinking what if an associate came up to me and asked if I needed help finding anything. "Yeah, I'm looking to make a 1/6th scale antenna like the ones seen on the rebel trooper packs worn on Hoth. Where might I find the components for that?" In other words, leave me to my madness.

But I did get to put together antenna 2 of 3 last night and I took another picture of all the pieces prior to assembly.

Also got the grenades attached to the vest. He's starting to come together. Just need to take care of the badge on the other side of the chest and he'll be ready for weathering.

Most of the employees at the Lowes near me have proven to not be much help. If I'm on the hunt for something & approached….I just looking,lol.

Again Tyler, Looking very good & continues to do so even more with each slightest addition & mod.

Can't help but to admire your ingenuity & resourcefulness as this project goes along. Hardware stores are a goldmine for all sorts of customizing bits, pieces, & oddities.

Dollar stores are great for bits and peices too. If ya gotta cut something up, it only cost a buck or so, so who cares?

Yeah I always say I'm just looking. Sometimes if you do accept their help then it becomes a situation as if they're a car salesman and working for a commission. Being nice and helpful is one thing. Being insistent and hovering is something else. That's why I always make it a point to look as if I know exactly what I'm doing as to avoid any unnecessary social interaction.

They are really coming together. Looking good dude.

Oh by the way, Lowe's employees are of no help. Believe me I know. :)

Thanks, Chris. :)

I think it's kind of funny when you go into a place like that and see other customers that look as if they just stepped off a plane into a new country and have no idea where anything is. Those are the people that need the help. haha

Fantastic job with all the detailed pieces you put together to make all those awesome figures.

Back