Spotted: MR Aliens Chestburster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love that chestburster! too bad the alien grid head bust never made production.

IMG_8668.jpg

IMG_9421.jpg

hi John, that was taken with a canon 50mm lens. either the f/1.4 or f/1.2.. i can't remember which one. it doesn't look like the entire EXIF data is intact on it.

Roger, roger. Thanks a bunch Ed.

Just got a XSi as a gift. Now I'm retaking pics of my stuff. It's really a enjoyment using a better cam.

my avp chestbusrter is an artist proof, and i got mine a little under $300, i got a great deal on mine .

my avp chestbusrter is an artist proof, and i got mine a little under $300, i got a great deal on mine .

Same here!! I think I paid $225 for mine around x-mas time last year.
Honestly based on pics I've seen I don't see much difference ,if any from artist proofs to regular production run on these pieces.

Same here!! I think I paid $225 for mine around x-mas time last year.
Honestly based on pics I've seen I don't see much difference ,if any from artist proofs to regular production run on these pieces.
the artist proof's are suposed to have better paint job's on them, is all i have ever heard about them, as far as difference's.

I picked up an artist proof fairly cheap on eBay - I recall about $150. It is a stellar piece - great paint job and really cool translucent membranes on the mandibles.

It is a damn shame about the MR Grid Alien - I have a Bruce Hansing 1:1, but I thought the one from the ADI molds looked so much better.

Scott

It is an amazing piece, but haven't seen any out there for cheap lately. My guess is that it will fetch a decent penny.

Having a little insight on the manufacturing side of things I can tell you that there is not always a difference in the paint job between AP's and regular production units. They all come off the same line. However, the factory is supposed to pick some of the better examples to be packaged and labeled as AP's.

the artist proof's are suposed to have better paint job's on them, is all i have ever heard about them, as far as difference's.

I'm referring to the paint apps. The AP seem to have the same quality paint apps as the production ran pieces. I honestly am to a point were I'm not believeing that AP are that much better than the regular runs.

It is an amazing piece, but haven't seen any out there for cheap lately. My guess is that it will fetch a decent penny.

Having a little insight on the manufacturing side of things I can tell you that there is not always a difference in the paint job between AP's and regular production units. They all come off the same line. However, the factory is supposed to pick some of the better examples to be packaged and labeled as AP's.

you and your insight LOL:D

I'm referring to the paint apps. The AP seem to have the same quality paint apps as the production ran pieces. I honestly am to a point were I'm not believeing that AP are that much better than the regular runs.
ya, your probley right .

Back