Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like too many people above me with The Exorcist… guess I’ll have to hope for a random pick.

I was hoping for more votes for Halloween as I was the first to say that, but you just know this Alex contest is going to be a totally random draw kinda deal...

The XXXXXXX

Why the hell do people keep posting the answer to DW's contest in the thread. So ****ing stoopid! Damn, I hate that! It makes me piping hot mad...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :gah: :dunno :blissysmi

Be jealous Freaks! Be very jealous!! Double feature of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein on the big screen, starts in just under 3 hours!!! :nana:

Oh, I am jealous. Wait, I'm off today! But oh so busy... :(

I saw Bride at the Academy of Motion Picture Art & Sciences a couple weeks ago as part of a double bill with Dracula. And I saw Frank last year at the New Beverly here in LA (when I got my Drew Struzan print)...

...but I'm still jealous!

/me slaps lcummins with a trout!

Enjoy, LC! :wave
Drew Struzan was at the screening?!?!?! I remember that theater well. I miss living in LA! :monkey2
But that was before Sideshow. I left in 2002.

Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

The Trilogy of Terror, that little Zuni fetish doll gave me nightmares for a year when I was a kid! The darned thing still creeps me out now.

Thanks for another great contest!

trilogy+of+terror+zuni+bath.jpg

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Jaws is the scariest movie I have ever seen

IWhy the hell do people keep posting the answer to DW's contest in the thread. So ****ing stoopid! Damn, I hate that! It makes me piping hot mad...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :gah: :dunno :blissysmi

I thought that too but then thought he might be posting his contest entry for the movie that scared him...

The Exorcist truly scared me as a child and even now as an adult.

My grandmother was a big reader, and she shared The Shining and The Exorcist with me when I was in about 7th grade. I read the books and couldn't wait to watch the films. I still love The Shining, but The Exorcist kept me up for days! It got me to my core. I revisited it when the directors cut was in theaters and I felt the same way. Now as an adult, the movie still scares me. To keep the feeling alive, I have certain rules: I'll only watch it once a year and it has to be in complete darkness and with no distractions. This way, I maintain the feeling of fear I've had for the film since I was a child.

Nosferatu, the 1979 version directed by Herzog really unnerved me the first time I saw it.

I'll admit that when I finally rewatched it a couple years ago it didn't have the same effect, but that original viewing haunted me. Which it weird, since normally its only the serial killer type stuff that gets to me (and I avoid). I LOVE the dark fantasy stuff with monsters, ghosts, etc but don't find them scary. Maybe its those mummified bodies in the opening credits looking real (and I've heard they were).

I haven't even lurked much lately (no money for Sideshow stuff anymore) but I am REALLY glad for this message board this Spook.

That movie scared the T Total Crap out of me as a kid. Couldn't go to the bathroom without looking at the bottom edge of the door..
Hey, Computerfly! You were the answer to Something Sexy's trivia contest earlier, where I won a CS button! He asked for the link to the largest collection on CS, and that is YOU!!!! So thanks, buddy!

Back