Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No chat? Why the hell are we even having Spooktacular? Screw this, I'm not even donning my sig. Less and less of the event stays on the site with every year. I can't believe they actually had ten days this time (which hasn't happened since 2009's epic Spook) and they still managed to suck the spirit out of the event.

I guess I should've seen it coming since Sideshow peeps rarely popped into Chat last year. They must've decided to do away with the whole thing entirely. Lame.

I've had a terrible year ...hoping spook gets my mind off of things, but seems like there's a lot of negativity surrounding it ....I am trying to stay positive over here !!

Hey man! Sorry to hear about your year. :monkey2
I definitely hope Spook will be great for ya!

looks like another freaks for freaks year......:(

go freaks............go freaks........:banana

Nice move, Madden! I never thought to give away non-horror stuff...

Any Hot Wheels collectors in here?

I collected in 2007 and 2008, damn what a rush. Hitting like 6 walmarts every saturday:lol. Not so much anymore but once in awhile I'll still buy stuff from the redline club..

The start...
MortPole.jpg

Vander, love the Mort campaign sign. Very cool! :clap

Just finished watching Cabin in The Woods. Seemed to me to be a mashup of Cabin Fever, Hostel, and another movie I will cover for those that haven't seen it yet:
Spoiler Spoiler:
I enjoyed the twists and turns but expected a little more after all of the hype. Oh well.

Now looking forward to Monday through Halloween---even if it does look to be a very different Spook this year.

Random aside...does anyone here recommend the Tapatalk app (for Iphones)? Debating whether to get it or not primarily for use during Spooktacular for this thread. Any comments/feedback appreciated if you think it is worth the $3 at the App Store. :dunno

Vander, love the Mort campaign sign. Very cool! :clap

Just finished watching Cabin in The Woods. Seemed to me to be a mashup of Cabin Fever, Hostel, and another movie I will cover for those that haven't seen it yet:
Spoiler Spoiler:
I enjoyed the twists and turns but expected a little more after all of the hype. Oh well.

Now looking forward to Monday through Halloween---even if it does look to be a very different Spook this year.

Random aside...does anyone here recommend the Tapatalk app (for Iphones)? Debating whether to get it or not primarily for use during Spooktacular for this thread. Any comments/feedback appreciated if you think it is worth the $3 at the App Store. :dunno

I'm on the Tapatalk app right now. It's pretty much the only way I read/post on here. I use the Android version so I'm not sure on how good the iPhone but, yes, I recommend it.

Mort was at the first game 4 Tigers game.
Way to excited to pull him out in 2nd game 4

GO TIGERS

Tapatalk is great on iOS, I even use it on my ipad for browsing forums over the browser. Easily worth the three bucks.

I find this lack of Spooktacular fun disturbing. I so greatly enjoyed it even if I could not afford to buy much any more. The anticipation made it the best time of the year. I wish SS would come right out and tell us that they are downscaling and the reasons why. Is that unreasonable ?

I find this lack of Spooktacular fun disturbing. I so greatly enjoyed it even if I could not afford to buy much any more. The anticipation made it the best time of the year. I wish SS would come right out and tell us that they are downscaling and the reasons why. Is that unreasonable ?

Its not unreasonable but technically they don't owe us anything. Its obvious from the changes in the last year and a half that they have a new focus and direction in their marketing. They've scaled back their big online campaigns (Spook, SDCC, B/W Friday) and completely neglected NYCC. And now that I think of it there was no chat at SDCC this year so not having it during Spook shouldn't be surprising. It's all about social media because that's the way the world is going and it broadcasts their products to a wider audience. I can't blame them for that even though it takes all the fun out of it.

The problem is that while incorporation of the new is great... forgetting that which made you great is unforgivable.

Mort was at the first game 4 Tigers game.
Way to excited to pull him out in 2nd game 4

GO TIGERS
Even though you stole Prince Fielder from us, I have to root for them. SF isn't going to come back, and I'll be damned if StL wins it again!!!

The problem is that while incorporation of the new is great... forgetting that which made you great is unforgivable.

I guess. I'm probably just one of the only people that isn't jaded by it all. Thanks to their promotions I've been able to obtain pieces I never could have afforded otherwise and all while making some great friends and having countless hours of fun doing it. No other company would have given me that opportunity so I'm extremely grateful and will always be. The world changes all the time and not always for the best. Just need to embrace the good times and appreciate them for what they are/were.

They've scaled back their big online campaigns (Spook, SDCC, B/W Friday) and completely neglected NYCC. And now that I think of it there was no chat at SDCC this year so not having it during Spook shouldn't be surprising. It's all about social media because that's the way the world is going and it broadcasts their products to a wider audience. I can't blame them for that even though it takes all the fun out of it.
Don't forget Fantacular... Yeah, they're sticking with social media, and killing the awesome things which made them unique. I pray that there will be a chat link added somewhere. Even though their presence in chat last year was pretty non-existent, we all still enjoy chatting with each other. To eliminate that really ruins the image of Spook. I have to keep faith, hoping that it is still coming. Otherwise, we may have to find another chatroom to use somewhere. Posting in this thread just isn't the same as chat...

Don't forget Fantacular... Yeah, they're sticking with social media, and killing the awesome things which made them unique. I pray that there will be a chat link added somewhere. Even though their presence in chat last year was pretty non-existent, we all still enjoy chatting with each other. To eliminate that really ruins the image of Spook. I have to keep faith, hoping that it is still coming. Otherwise, we may have to find another chatroom to use somewhere. Posting in this thread just isn't the same as chat...

I actually thought the same thing about finding a chat room. Anyone have any suggestions?

Back